Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ratings v Tranmere  (Read 2781 times)
DMR

« on: Saturday, April 23, 2005, 18:03:11 »

Rhys- had very little direct action to do, dealt with some awful backpasses well and caught his catches- 7

O'Hanlon- solid until he went off- n/a

Nicholas- despite my rantings he looked assured and composed in possesion and made lots of tackles, good to see him back- 7

Jenkins- his usual dependable self down the right and hugely impressive in the centre, but failed to dig out many Tranny crosses- 7

Heywood- a typical Heywood game, massive in the air and sound ebough when clearing, harshly booked- 7

Ifil- occassionally sucked too deep by the impressive Hume but as usual, came out on top in his 1-on-1 battle, one error should've been punished- 6

Duke- don't think anyone, namely King, knew where he was meant to be playing but stuck to his guns when under pressure- 6

Igoe- utterly anonymous again despite some neat touches in the first half, he's been carried by the others today- 4

Pook- looked atrocious for the first half hour but settled nicely and really battled well in the second 45, one vital block on a cross- 6

Smith- wasteful with possesion in his own half but drove us forawrd in the second 45 and scored 2 wonderful goals- 7

Roberts- another lifeless lazy display, I'm quite unimpressed with this guy at the moment- 4

Fallon- same as the other two games, excellent effort throughout- 8

Good game, decent atmosphere, and we showed resilience that's been lacking this season when we were under the kosh. And the banter with the has-been MacAteer was superb!
jim

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 23, 2005, 18:37:20 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Nicholas- despite my rantings he looked assured and composed in possesion and made lots of tackles, good to see him back- 7

Dave - you really aren't as bad as that Santini bloke makes out :roll:
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 23, 2005, 18:41:32 »

Cool

I'd also like to apologise for calling you a tosser.
jim

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 23, 2005, 18:42:56 »

Cool

I'd also like to apologise for calling you a tosser.

When?

Why?

Shocked
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 23, 2005, 22:58:44 »

Is it possible to send Roberts back to Bristol and get a refund?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 23, 2005, 23:00:40 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Harsh. Although not at his best recently we saw when he first came here what he is capable of.
He hit the bar today from a very tough position and nearly scored on two other occasions. And then late on was chasing down every ball like it would win us the league. Although he wasn't great for the most part, sending him back to shitty is a bit harsh!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 23, 2005, 23:03:29 »

he won't be back to his 'best' until next season after pre-season training. bit of a shame but a hernia is a big thing and perhaps it's better he had it this season rather than next season
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 23, 2005, 23:03:50 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
And then late on was chasing down every ball like it would win us the league

No....that was Fallon

Roberts has been awful, he is not fully match fit and doesnt look the least bit interested, very much like he was towards the end of his Bristol days....just strutting around the pitch challenging a few headers now and again...

Hopefully next season he'll be in better shape...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 23, 2005, 23:05:38 »

I don't agree. He chased down two meaningless balls in the last 2 minutes. We nearly scored off one and the other he forced us a late throw down by their corner flag which is never bad!
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 23, 2005, 23:14:02 »

Rhys- had very little direct action to do, dealt with some awful backpasses well and caught his catches- 7

Jenkins- his usual dependable self down the right and hugely impressive in the centre, but failed to dig out many Tranny crosses- 7

Heywood- a typical Heywood game, massive in the air and sound ebough when clearing, harshly booked- 7

Ifil- occassionally sucked too deep by the impressive Hume but as usual, came out on top in his 1-on-1 battle, one error should've been punished- 6

Duke- don't think anyone, namely King, knew where he was meant to be playing but stuck to his guns when under pressure- 6

Igoe- utterly anonymous again despite some neat touches in the first half, he's been carried by the others today- 4

Pook- looked atrocious for the first half hour but settled nicely and really battled well in the second 45, one vital block on a cross- 6

Smith- wasteful with possesion in his own half but drove us forawrd in the second 45 and scored 2 wonderful goals- 7

Roberts- another lifeless lazy display, I'm quite unimpressed with this guy at the moment- 4

Good game, decent atmosphere, and we showed resilience that's been lacking this season when we were under the kosh. And the banter with the has-been MacAteer was superb!

Dave - 3, didn't turn up, lacked commitment...questions need to be asked

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
santini

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 23, 2005, 23:14:57 »

Not yet as sharp as he was before his long lay off, but not surprising as there seems to be no programme for regaining top fitness when you come back from an operation.

The same thing happened to Nicho and big Matty. Dick gets them fit to train but that is far away from being fully fit.  Training by itself will not get them fully fit - it just ticks them over between matches. Playing matches helps but is not enough by itself.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, April 23, 2005, 23:15:02 »

Quote from: "Whits"

Dave - 3, didn't turn up, lacked commitment...questions need to be asked

:Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 24, 2005, 16:33:12 »

Fallon was brilliant yesterday, good to see the fans supporting him and when he is at his best he might not score loads but can definitely cause alot of problems!

Pook i barely noticed but not in a bad way so a good solid first game.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 24, 2005, 18:39:01 »

Agreed that Pook was very quiet. I don't remember seeing him to be honest!
DMR

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 24, 2005, 18:57:51 »

That's a good thing if you think about Hewlett. You saw him all the time- when he made fucking crap mistakes.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: