Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where and why  (Read 18703 times)
red macca

« on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 13:20:53 »

So where are people originally from on here and why do they support swindon?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 13:23:15 »

My family are 4th generation Strattonians.

I am adopted, but originally born in Bath and adopted at 8 weeks.

Dad took me to my first game in '74 and that was it

like it or lump it I have to put up with it

I'm a Town fan
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 13:24:53 »

Swindon

My Dads side of the family is pure Swindon and goes back as far as can be traced.....
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 13:24:54 »

I was born in Chatham but moved to Swindon when I was a toddler.

Just started supporting Swindon because it seemed better to support the town you have the closest bond with. It probably helped that we were doing well when I started getting into football as well.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 13:25:28 »

I have no family from Swindon.  Mum is from Ireland, Dad from Exeter.  Support Town because I was born here and Dad used to take me when I was younger.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 13:38:07 »

I was not born in Swindon, moved here at a very young age, none of my family were into football grew up Liking Spurs (Hoddle & Waddle era) as they was the big team at the time, used to listen to Swindon matches on the radio though (GWR I think !) until I was really old enough to go to matches on my own.

Used to go with a mate to selected games as could not afford to go regular, quit my Sat job to buy my first S/T so I could go regular - would not know what I would do now without STFC it is like an addiction that you don't want treatment for.
Sussex

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 13:39:59 »

Grew up in Malmesbury, came to Sussex 14 years ago aged 20.

Got taken to a couple of games aged 16 by parents friends, and started going again after moving down here.

Expensive move that's turned out to be. Bastards.  Smiley
McLovin

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 13:41:25 »

Born here. Gramp used to watch the town and played for the youth team back in his day.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 13:41:40 »

Born in Berlin (My dad was serving in the BAOR at the time) moved around a lot until I settled in Swindon in the mid-eighties. Always had an interest in football, but more playing than watching.

Went to my first Swindon game in '87 (I think) away at West Ham, persuaded to go by a mate who was a hammers fan.

And that was that Cheesy Moved away from Swindon in '94, but carried on supporting Town.

It's All Good..............
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 13:42:16 »

I was born in Oxford JR overlooking the old Manor Ground, so I supported Swindon
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 13:43:54 »

I was born in Swindon, my dad supported the Town and took me to my first game in '86

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
red macca

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 13:44:18 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Born in Berlin (My dad was serving in the BAOR at the time) moved around a lot until I settled in Swindon in the mid-eighties. Always had an interest in football, but more playing than watching.

Went to my first Swindon game in '87 (I think) away at West Ham, persuaded to go by a mate who was a hammers fan.

And that was that Cheesy Moved away from Swindon in '94, but carried on supporting Town.
was that the 1nil win when the black fella got sent off, paris i think?
sonic youth

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 13:45:33 »

i was born in the same place as birdy.

father was born and raised in county waterford and moved to the UK, mother is from norfolk originally but grew up in oxfordshire.

dad started watching swindon in the late 50s/early 60s when there used to be a bus from oxfordshire which went to matches.

i didn't get a choice in the matter. my chosen team is real madrid...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 13:50:52 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Quote from: "herthab"

was that the 1nil win when the black fella got sent off, paris i think?

It was a 1.0 win yeah, can't remember the sending off, which isn't surprising as I don't remember much from games last season Cheesy

Just looked it up and it was actually in '89, not '87.

It's All Good..............
red macca

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 13:52:03 »

i was at that with my old man.On that seasons video you can see me behind the goal Cool

Drove up in my dads capri
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: