Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Michael Timlin  (Read 8268 times)
adje

Ignore
« on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 15:12:51 »

Just been checking the Fulham website(nothing better to do) and he's been in good form for Fulham reserves this season,masterminding wins over Arsenal reserves among others.Could well be an answer to our dearth of creativity?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 15:15:59 »

Something needs to happen and quick. Quite how the manager can complain about the quality of crosses when he plays one of the best crossers of the ball in centre midfield is beyond me
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 15:38:49 »

Timlin would certainly fill a gap, especially if he is nowhere near Fulham's first team, he was a decent player for us previously

Although you have to wonder why he has not been picked up by any other team since he went back to Fulham.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 15:43:43 »

shouldn't we just let malpas and his mstaff get in who they target?
i thought that diagoraga or whatever he was called would be better if we're dragging up old loanees.
red macca

« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 15:43:48 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
Something needs to happen and quick. Quite how the manager can complain about the quality of crosses when he plays one of the best crossers of the ball in centre midfield is beyond me
Who would you play there mate.
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 15:57:49 »

Quote from: "arriba"
shouldn't we just let malpas and his mstaff get in who they target?
i thought that diagoraga or whatever he was called would be better if we're dragging up old loanees.

He's on loan at Hereford atm so i'd say get Timlin in, he was different class sometimes in his previous loan spell with us.
fatbury

« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 15:58:14 »

Id personally play 3 in midfield .. 2 up front and either 5 at the back and use Comminges  and Zaaboub as the full or wing backs ... with say Ifil Aljofree and Vicent or Kanyouka in the middle 3

OR ..

play the normal back 4 ... 2 up front still .. but with a central midfield 3 - 1 holding midfielder and 1 free roving midfielder who would pull out wide - switching from flank to flank .. someone like Roberts or Zaaboub

Lee Holmes is looking the part at Walsall tho isnt he???
red macca

« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 16:08:59 »

Dont think timlin is much different to easton to be honest
dell boy

« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 16:12:17 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Dont think timlin is much different to easton to be honest

I believe we need an experienced, proven midfield player at this level more than a youngster.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 17:07:52 »

Timlin started off well, but was distinctly crap, by the time he returned to Fulham....I always worry when players reach early 20's and haven't played much first team football.

You can only really learn the game by playing proper competitive football.
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #10 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 17:12:07 »

I do agree. Timlin was "gash" towards the end of the loan
adje

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 17:21:29 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Timlin started off well, but was distinctly crap, by the time he returned to Fulham....I always worry when players reach early 20's and haven't played much first team football.

But he's not crap now though by all accounts and Prem clubs dont tend to hang on to players for 6 years if they're crap

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 17:53:02 »

Quote from: "adje"

But he's not crap now though by all accounts and Prem clubs dont tend to hang on to players for 6 years if they're crap

Oh but they do....think Colin  Heath....think Jamie Slabber.   They have so much money sloshing around, that they've lost all sense of perspective.

Guys like Slabber, drive around in their personalised reg cars at 19 thinking they're the great I am. then can't even cut it at non league clubs like O*frod.

I'l wager both Lukey Dukey and Tozer gp the same way.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 18:03:07 »

They have so much money sloshing around, that they've lost all sense of perspective.

Which pretty much sums up the Premiership Cash Cow in a nutshell. One day though, the bubble will burst. Fair play to Sturrock I guess, for realising that and cashing in on it. Good luck to Lukas and Tozer but they are really not that good.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 18:15:44 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
They have so much money sloshing around, that they've lost all sense of perspective.

Which pretty much sums up the Premiership Cash Cow in a nutshell. One day though, the bubble will burst. Fair play to Sturrock I guess, for realising that and cashing in on it. Good luck to Lukas and Tozer but they are really not that good.

Its ony a matter of time before the Prem clubs start seriously campaigning for running second and perhaps even third teams in  the football league.

Its what happens, for example, in Spain.  Just about every smallish Spanish side seems to have a player who was once with Real or Barca B team.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: