Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What would you do next?  (Read 6784 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 14:57:06 »

If you were in charge of the team in the current scenario what would you do? Bear in mind that for the next game, you won't have Ifil, Smith or Miglioranzi available the only player(s) you'd be able to bring in would be on loan.

Personally, I'd have started today by getting them in for training early and forcing them to sit and watch the game through, not for them to see their mistakes or to analyse the goals conceded but to see how utterly shameful they were. Hopefully some of them will take a long hard look at themselves and have a further chance to reflect when some of them are sat on the bench for the next game.

I'd change back to 4-4-2 and play the following team:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/option30/bournemouthaway.jpg

This would mean that Howard would find himself on the bench - then suspended - and given a nice long opportunity to do some extra fitness work and learn how to pass the ball to teammates. Hewlett makes way for Pook who was in and around the squad a great deal last season and after seeing how Garrard has performed since being given a chance, it could give the lad a confidence boost and we've nothing to lose really. I feel that Rhys has looked nervous of late and he's not kept a clean sheet for over 10 games whereas Book has conceded one goal in three appearances and has impressed in all of them. The competition for places should keep everyone on their toes. Nicholas deserves a chance again but not at the expense of Duke, so Duke is moved out onto the left wing in absence of anyone else capable of playing there.

In all honesty there's not many changes King can actually make, of the players on the bench last night Smith is suspended, Nicholas, Book and Robinson all get to start and Pook is thrown in as well. Fallon simply isn't an option. Once we've got Ifil, Stef and Smith back then there's room for more changes but King's hands are pretty tied at the minute in the way of dropping players.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 15:04:53 »

my line up would be

Code:
           evans
jenkins ohanlon heywood nicholas
    igoe hewlett duke howard
          parkin roberts

on the bench i would put book garrard caton pook robinson

i would play duke in the middle as he seems to be the only one who gives a fuck at the moment and at least he would get stuck in. stick howard on the left wing we know what he can do out there.
Piemonte

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 15:07:42 »

Sonic, you complain of other people's knee jerk reactions yet when selecting a side for the next game you pick a pensioner instead of one of the best keepers in the division and randomly decide to play pook in central midfield. WTF?

Rhys hasnt been the greatest this season, but he's miles better than Book. full stop. Cant really think of anything he did wrong last night other than possible not communicate with heywood when he kept trying to head it out of his hands.

Why just randomly hand out a start to Pook? he looks ok but to just start chucking in fairly promising 18/19 year olds for thier debut aint gonna suddenly make us a better side.

We'd do much better getting the players to practice passing and moving all week (did anyone else notice that no-one moved off the ball for a team mate at all last night)
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 15:15:38 »

Evans hasn't commanded his box for past 4-5 games and its causing major problems, he either needs to learn how to shout or stay on his line. The defence don't know whether they are coming or going with high balls into the box. therefore making our team a liability from corners/free kicks.

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 15:32:12 »

Quote from: "Piemonte2"
Sonic, you complain of other people's knee jerk reactions yet when selecting a side for the next game you pick a pensioner instead of one of the best keepers in the division and randomly decide to play pook in central midfield. WTF?

Rhys hasnt been the greatest this season, but he's miles better than Book. full stop. Cant really think of anything he did wrong last night other than possible not communicate with heywood when he kept trying to head it out of his hands.

Why just randomly hand out a start to Pook? he looks ok but to just start chucking in fairly promising 18/19 year olds for thier debut aint gonna suddenly make us a better side.

We'd do much better getting the players to practice passing and moving all week (did anyone else notice that no-one moved off the ball for a team mate at all last night)

word to big bird

officially blacker than the night.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 15:32:26 »

Bit like Mexico's lineup but when Howard is be suspended have duke on the left of midfield and robinson in the centre.

Code:
           evans
    igoe hewlett robinson duke
          parkin roberts

I don't rate Robinson but we don't have many options.
McLovin

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 15:39:54 »

Keep Hewlett behind after training so he can practice kicking a fcuking football. Why can't he shoot when he has time to? The never go on target. In fact they never go wide OR over either, more like always wide AND over.
byax6

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 15:45:11 »

Evans' biggest problem last night was that the central defence was sitting so far back, in particular Reeves, who was almost playing as a sweeper. And when they attacked they dropped even further, almost interfering with his space.
I d choose
Evans
Jenkins O'Hanlon Heywood Nicho
Roberts Hewlett Turbo Duke
Parkin, Caton
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 15:51:00 »

I think the overwhelming opinion here - and my opinion - is that we need to do one thing above all else ...

Go back to 4-4-2

3-5-2 does not suit our players!!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 16:21:24 »

Quote from: "Piemonte2"

Something needs to change, the most direct change you can make is through changing the players that start. The limited options on the bench and in the reserves mean that in order to make changes on a larger scale, you have to drop some of your better players - especially when they're underperforming which Rhys is. The reason for Pook was mainly because Hewlett needs a kick up the arse and I can't think of any other central midfielders at the club, can you?
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 17:07:59 »

sonic are you going mental?
usually our most thoughtful poster has gone ape.
i've lost count of how many threads you have said "hewlett isnt that good but is essential" and things to that affect, but nbow you are slapping an 18 year old without a single league start under his belt into a very tough game away at bournemouth?!
and your whole idea seems pretty knee jerk, which you've been condeming all day. i dont understand?

officially blacker than the night.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 17:17:18 »

The only other alternative is to continue with the same eleven players who were awful last night, if anything this goes to highlight what small resources Kingy is working with.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 17:22:01 »

Pray for Miglioranzi to come back.
DMR

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 18:37:48 »

evans
    igoe hewlett robinson duke
            parkin roberts
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 18:40:33 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Pray for Miglioranzi to come back.

i hope they don't rush him back, will only end in more problems  :?

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: