Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Tedious Claim to Fame Thread  (Read 10871 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, April 21, 2005, 00:11:04 »

what a cunt
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, April 21, 2005, 03:24:18 »

Opened a lift door in a posh hotel in Chicago about 10 years ago to be confronted by Lloyd Bridges. I froze ! He said 'Going up ?'. I said 'I'll wait for the next one'.

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
STFCDude

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, April 21, 2005, 05:19:47 »

Played cricket against Paul Adams, have gotten lashed with the SA Cricket Team, Ernie Els is a family friend, and Hansie Cronje used to live next door to me!
STFCDude

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, April 21, 2005, 05:20:59 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Quote from: "Whits"
spoke to the lead singer of the band "seafood" on the london underground to

ace!

other than meeting whits, yeovil and mr & mrs spacey, my claims to fame are bumping into Richard Briers at the village fete, telling Fraser Digby twice that I named my cat after him, being invited on stage by Matthew Kelly in pantomime, my Mum used to work with Billie Piper's Mum aaaaaand I can't think of anymore.

Did you get some man love afterwards?
jim

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, April 21, 2005, 06:31:50 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
Bernie Winters has to be my favourite so far.  Was Snorbitz there?

Sadly, no.

But I did meet the man who wrote Delilah for Tom Jones on a train from Wigan.
Zurich Red

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, April 21, 2005, 06:34:49 »

Spent half an hour bowling at Nasser Hussain at uni and was firends with Jack Russell when he was about 9. Shook Jimmy White's hand. Stood behind Patrick Viera in the queue at Virgin in Heathrow. Met Ian Rush in a hotel bar in Liverpool.

...all pretty minor brushes with fame really.
Sussex

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, April 21, 2005, 08:17:47 »

When I was a young'un I worked part time as a waiter at a hotel (forget the name of it) near Westonburt Arboretum.

Anyway Prince Charles was putting on a dinner there one night for loads of rich people to raise money for the Prince's Trust. Don't know if many of you will remember but that same day he broke his arm/wrist playing polo so he couldn't make it.

The dinner went ahead anyway and I got the pleasure of serving the likes of Richard Branson (arrogant cunt) and Michael Caine. Also an Arab guy called Ravi Tikoo (don't know the correct spelling) who, at the time was the richest bloke in the world.

The highlight was Michael Caine asking me if I'd seen his daughter who was staying in the hotel. I then walked him through to the restaurant where all the 'normal' people (and his daughter) were eating. Got some quite shocked looks!

The lowlight was serving Caine's veg for the meal (it was silver service, spoon and fork stuff) and proceeded to drop carrots in his lap  Oops  His wife is an absolute sort though.

Oh, and Garry Mabutt taught me all I know on a football pitch  Cool
Asher

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, April 21, 2005, 08:18:57 »

My ex loved charlene fetari (spelt wrong) from texas so my cousin who works at abbey road studios organised us three back stage passes, we met her and my cousin introduced me as her biggest fan, she shook my hand and I did teh bloke thing of kissing on teh cheek to get a reply from her of 'for fucks sake chris (my cousin) your cousins a sex pest' she then pushed me away and would sign me an autograph or have her pic taken with me.  She did however do that for teh mrs and gave her some top of hers or something, I cant really remember much as I was sat in teh corner.

Think it explains why I dont kiss girls on teh cheek when I meet them now!

Last summer I drank with teh main person in teh book naughty forty but think thats for another thread......
McLovin

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, April 21, 2005, 08:19:06 »

- Tried to buy Holly Willoughby a drink in the Tzar Bar, Brighton
 - Had a pint with the bassist and singer of Kaizer Chiefs after their set at the NME Awards tour in Southampton
 - Alan Reeves bought me and my mates a drink in Po Na Na in return for a lift home to Marlborough
 - Sat with The Music waiting in Gatwick departure lounge last September
 - Met Kris Akabussi while at primary schoool
 - Shook hands with Tony Blair when he visited New College in 2001
 - Me and mates had a drink with Alisha from Misteeq in Kavos
Asher

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, April 21, 2005, 08:19:55 »

I need to learn to type slower I keep doing spelling mistakes etc.....
Asher

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, April 21, 2005, 08:32:08 »

sugar when I worked in london at Regus (business centres) I met blair on a conference he held there.  He is shorty than I thought and II remember when we had our picture taken he stood on a yellow pages..........
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, April 21, 2005, 08:36:14 »

I am distantly related to Don Rogers but he does not know!!  Sad

My girlfriends dad's in a rock band and have met loads of famous people at gigs including Stuart Pearce, Jim Davidson and the like.  Get to go back-stage at all the gigs which are wicked so have become almost second nature to see/meet them!  Cool

Met a few famous people through work including Jeffreys Archers wife and other hobnobs!

y wings are like a shield of steel!
McLovin

« Reply #42 on: Thursday, April 21, 2005, 08:41:19 »

I almost forgot!  Our very own Sven came to my workplace and i had an amicable hand-shaking experience with him.  Now he is short.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, April 21, 2005, 08:42:06 »

Me and a mate once had a night on the town (London town) with Clarke Carlisle (ex-QPR centre half) now at Leeds.  He's Britain's most intelligent footballer, but I casught him out on a question.  Anyway a week after our night out, picked up a newspaper and read that Clarke had been admitted into a rehab clinic for alcoholism.  D'oh!  Nice bloke though.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, April 21, 2005, 08:50:36 »

if you want to know what i look like go buy the oasis book which has a shark on the front cover cant remember what its called but it was written by their old tour manager, there is a picture of noel gallagher, ocean colour scene, cast and me. i had been up all night on cheap amphetaminesand look really well in the picture!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: