Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 3 Months ago  (Read 2776 times)
red macca

« on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 13:42:15 »

who would of imagined that by the 30th January we would not have sold  any of our decent players .Good that we actually been able keep our decent players for a change
DMR

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 13:51:10 »

It could just mean our players aren't as good as we think they are!
red macca

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 13:52:30 »

Brez, ifil,comminges,Easton are all capable of playing for better teams than us.Stop being stupid David
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 13:55:21 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Brez, ifil,comminges,Easton are all capable of playing for better teams than us.Stop being stupid David

Exactly.  Also, the likes of Roberts, Corr, JPM, Zaaboub, Aljofree, Peacock would all easily get games for a lot of L1 clubs
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 13:55:32 »

I can't be bothered to find the fishing avatar but thats the one I'd be using  Wink

In all seriousness, it goes without saying I'm delighted we're not being forced to sell our players, imagine being a Luton fan these days.

However, Macca, you've got to admit that the board have still said if the offer's right it will be considered - the truth is that no-one has busted a gut (or at least their chequebook) to sign any of our players. So none of them can be in desperate demand (not that many players in the world are).
red macca

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 14:04:07 »

A year ago 2 or 3 of those would have gone, maybe other clubs are now thinking they cant get away with sneaky bids anymore
DMR

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 14:07:33 »

Agreed. For me I don't mind seeing a player go if the money is right... I think back recently and straight away our old baord should certainly have milked more than they did from Parkin and Lukas.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 15:52:04 »

Quote from: "DMR"
the truth is that no-one has busted a gut (or at least their chequebook) to sign any of our players. So none of them can be in desperate demand (not that many players in the world are).

or maybe we haven't been hawking them round in a desparate attempt to raise some cash for the next round of hand-to-mouth fiasco like we used to.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 17:27:09 »

there's still time

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 18:06:24 »

who would of imagined that by the 30th January we would not have sold  any of our decent players .Good that we actually been able keep our decent players for a change

Agreed, but having said that.....have we actually had ANY bids for any of our players?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 18:11:16 »

Quote from: "DV"

Agreed, but having said that.....have we actually had ANY bids for any of our players?

If the old lot had still been here we would have had derisory bids for Brez and Ifil and those bids would have been accepted.

Clubs know now though that we won't sell players at knockdown prices, therefore why make a bid?

It's All Good..............
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 18:21:14 »

In a way I miss the excitment of being glued to RS, listening to the news waiting for news on the take over.

It's on, its off, its on again ect., you know what I mean.

This forum was so busy then and I had oh so many companions at the time. Oh the good old days.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 19:31:44 »

You're not interesting aneeeeee more!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 20:47:55 »

3 Months ago we still had Cancer.

Amazing what a cure can do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print