Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fitton wants 3 amigos out ... plus 4 more?  (Read 3253 times)
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 12:25:30 »

From the Adver today:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/mostpopular.var.1996475.mostviewed.fitton_wants_three_amigos_out.php

He talks about the BEST 3 and mentions maybe up to 7 out next week. If this included Adams and Kaid, 2 more to go plus another incoming? Also talks about Cox and Brez.

Fitton wants 'Three Amigos' out
Exclusive By Andy Cryer
Comment | Read Comments (1)

CHAIRMAN Andrew Fitton has launched a last-ditch plea for Town's Three Amigos' to quit the County Ground as he looks to close the door on a "bad chapter" in Swindon's history.

Spaniard Ibon Arrieta, Frenchman Franklin Anzite and Portugal's Mauro Almeida were all brought to Wiltshire by former club suitors BEST Holdings but, with the Portuguese-led consortium consigned to history, Fitton insists the trio have no Swindon future.

Moses Ashikodi, Anthony McNamee and Pat Kanyuka have all arrived at SN1 this week as boss Maurice Malpas continues to shape his squad for the long-term but Fitton admits any further plans to strengthen are being hindered by the presence of Town's unwanted three.

Ahead of today's trip to Crewe Alexandra, Fitton revealed as many as seven players could be heading out of the exit door by the end of January while he was hopeful of adding another permanent signing.

While keen on giving Malpas the best possible preparations for next season, Fitton admits Town' playing budget has been allowed to get "well out of control" and knows the departure of the Best Holdings trio would help get that down the 25 percent they are targeting.

With just four league appearances between them, the three have endured a nightmare spell at Town but are so far declining the offer on the table to buy out their contracts and walk away.

advertisement
Fitton, pictured, said: "We do have a problem with the three guys who arrived with Jorge Rubenstein. They were brought here under false pretences and we have told them they have to go.

"We have told them their agents have done them no favours and from our point of view the sooner they go the better. I don't think the fans know how much these guys are costing us.

"They are part of a very bad chapter in the club's history. BEST Holdings was always a flawed deal and was never likely to be a success."

BEST Holdings almost bought Town earlier this season but, after some farcical negotiations, Town's previous owners turned to Fitton & co as an alternative to the relief of the majority of the fans.

But with Arrieta and Anzite handed two-year contracts and Almeida on a one-year deal, Fitton's takeover bid has left the three out in the cold.

"They are very likable lads," said Fitton. "We don't blame them at all but their presence here is doing themselves and the club no good at all.

"They may or may not be good enough to play first team professional football but we don't want them here. They have no future at Swindon and we need them to see that l and to continue their careers elsewhere.

"We are trying to massage the budget down to where it should be and to give us some head room. So if we could buy Simon Cox from Reading we would be in the position to buy him and pay his wages.

"I am not saying we have to sell before we buy but we do need to get ourselves back into the right place. I am sympathetic with the three players but at the end of the day that is not our fault."

With the January transfer window closing next week, Fitton warned the three are not the only squad players set for a move - although insisted the club's "crown jewels" would only be sold for the right money.

He said: ""I am a believer you shape your squad when you are up, not down. We want to strengthen when we are strong and that was always going to mean some squad shaping.

"I would be surprised if there were not seven players out next week, some on loan deals and others permanently, while we are still hoping we can bring one more player in.

"We want to get ourselves in the position where Maurice has a headstart in the summer. We are trying to build for the future and I am sure Swindon fans will be excited by seeing the club actually buying players again.

"I don't expect Peter Brezovan to be one of those we sell. We have had enquiries but we have been very firm only a substantial offer would change our minds."
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 12:27:48 »

If Caton was one is it 1 down  1 to go now?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 12:33:50 »

Looks to me like Blackburn will go out on loan for a Blue Square Prem or a div 2 side...possibly Morecambe or FGR.

The 3 amigos will come to an agreement to have their contracts terminated and get a nice golden handshake then they can fuck off.

Cox will sign for us on loan for the rest of the season and not go to Norfampton as they will sign Hoskins or Gary Alexander instead as they cannot afford Coxys wages.

We will sign a defensive midfielder from north of the border for cheap from a Premier league reserve side or a scots 1st div.

Chris Allen may go out on loan possibly to Salisbury or Basingstoke.

No one will come in with a firm bid for Ifil or Brez and they will both stay.

I read it in my crystal balls!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 12:48:19 »

Do you clink when you run?

I could live with your predictions, just polish them a little more and get Cox here permanently.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 14:41:24 »

3 amigo's to go (possibly), Prophet out on loan, Adams gone, Blackburn given free to L2 team and Chris Allen out on loan to conference

Cox & a play maker in
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 14:56:49 »

Quote from: "Power to people"
3 amigo's to go (possibly), Prophet out on loan, Adams gone, Blackburn given free to L2 team and Chris Allen out on loan to conference

Cox & a play maker in

sounds about right

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
sonic youth

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 15:21:22 »

slashing the wage budget = relegation
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 15:22:46 »

cutting wage budget for shite that is a lot worse than what we have playing week in, week out=sensible

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 15:25:50 »

Whatever it costs us to get rid of the 3 amigos, it should be reimbursed to the club by Sir Seton Wills. It was his insistance, along with a certain advisor, that we sign these 3 players, to help smooth the BEST deal, so he should pay to get rid of them.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
lebowski

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 15:54:58 »

the article says that we are trying to reduce our playing budget by 25%.

yikes.
DMR

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 16:10:08 »

Not sure if I'm overly impressed with this. He's right but I think thats down to the manager to shape his squad as he sees fit.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 16:13:18 »

Quote from: "DMR"
Not sure if I'm overly impressed with this. He's right but I think thats down to the manager to shape his squad as he sees fit.

Maybe that's one of the reason's Malpas was favoured
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 16:55:37 »

I can see where you're coming from Dave, but I think it's fair to say the "best three" haven't been in PS' or MM's plans at all this season.  They want them out and AF has made that public.  i have no problems with this approach from the chairman.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 17:12:46 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
the article says that we are trying to reduce our playing budget by 25%.

yikes.

Dosen't it suggest that the 3 amigos are taking up close to that amount ?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 17:20:43 »

i'd maybe get rid of williams. i bet he's one of the top earners and dont reckon he's really needed now.deffo get shot at the end of the season.

for now adams, mohamhead,the three amigos,and maybe blackburn would be enough out the door.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: