Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the wire  (Read 22141 times)
lebowski

« on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 21:37:33 »

does anyone watch this?

i swear to god, this is the very best tv program i have ever seen in my life.

it is shown on fx (channel 165) on monday nights. they are currently half way through series 2 (of 4 - series 5 has just begun in america).

i really cannot tell you how much you have to watch this.

wiki

on the surface, it's about the cops in baltimore.

but if you watch it then you'll find it's equally about the people they are hunting, and why these bad guys are doing what they do. then you see the personal lives of both the cops and the criminals and find that not only are these guys and girls very similar, but in some cases if you take away the uniforms and guns and you'd struggle to know who is good and who is bad.

absolutely fantastic.

get on it.
Spud

« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 11, 2008, 15:46:32 »

Ive always wanted to watch this but never got round to it, i may have to go out and purchase the 3 series on dvd sometime.
lebowski

« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 11, 2008, 18:52:31 »

i've always liked you spud.

i promise you, get series 1, you will not regret it.

this program is like a good novel, you have to soak up the early episodes to really know what's going on.

and just in case you are wondering, my favourite character is omar. he is a guy who goes around the 'hood carrying a shot gun and robs drug dealers. bad ass mother fucker.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 11, 2008, 19:45:16 »

This, along with 24, is next on my list of tv series to work through once I finish with the sopranos, I've heard a lot of people praise the wire.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Spud

« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 11, 2008, 19:52:43 »

Quote from: "lebowski"

this program is like a good novel, you have to soak up the early episodes to really know what's going on.

and just in case you are wondering, my favourite character is omar. he is a guy who goes around the 'hood carrying a shot gun and robs drug dealers. bad ass mother fucker.

*HIGH FIVE*

I know a kid in London who will sort me out with the 3 series, all i have to do is send him some blank dvd's.  Cool
lebowski

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 27, 2008, 12:27:16 »

series 3 starts tomorrow night at 10pm on fx (165).

the detail re-focus their attention to the barksdale crew and their drug dealing.

it will be on at the same time as prison break, but the wire is superior by quite some distance.
jim

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 27, 2008, 12:30:49 »

Quote from: "Spud"

*HIGH FIVE*

I know a kid in London who will sort me out with the 3 series, all i have to do is send him some blank dvd's.  Cool

Just buy them, you dobbin.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 22:38:41 »

BUMP

am currently 9 episodes through the 1st series, fuck me this is good. i thought heroes was, but this is something else.

omar is a goodun i admit, but for some reason i like stringer, he's doing a degree and wears glasses and everything.

herc's a dickhead though.

officially blacker than the night.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 23:28:58 »

I borrowed season 1 off a mate but i couldnt get into it.

/
W56196272
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 00:18:44 »

Sounds like something I could get into this summer if I start watching it. Too scared to start now as I have too many distractions stopping me getting work done already!
lebowski

« Reply #10 on: Friday, February 22, 2008, 01:49:53 »

strood

have you seen this scene yet:

very good.

i do like bunk and mcnulty.

series 3 is underway on fx now and it holds up alongside the first 2.

this is the greatest tv show of all time.
lebowski

« Reply #11 on: Friday, February 22, 2008, 01:53:13 »

i genuinely laugh every time i watch the aforementioned scene.

very good it is.
Spud

« Reply #12 on: Friday, February 22, 2008, 06:22:38 »

Quote from: "jim"
Quote from: "Spud"

*HIGH FIVE*

Just buy them, you dobbin.

I cant afford to pay out for 3 dvd boxsets.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, February 22, 2008, 10:45:33 »

strood

have you seen this scene yet:

very good.

i do like bunk and mcnulty.

series 3 is underway on fx now and it holds up alongside the first 2.

this is the greatest tv show of all time.

absolutely quality that.
im waiting to go over to germany to see my old man before i watch the 2nd series because he's got the boxsets. i've seen the first two of the 2nd series but it's gonna have to be something special to better the first.

officially blacker than the night.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, February 22, 2008, 11:07:16 »

That is brilliant! I'd forgotten that scene completely. I've just finished watching the fourth series and it's just gets better and better. Although the end of S3 is perhaps the best moment so far...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: