Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ponderings while I've been away  (Read 1041 times)
DMR

« on: Friday, April 15, 2005, 21:23:57 »

Walsall
Awful, truly dreadful. If I'd have been around to do my usual ratings thread they'd all have gotten zero. The dream died once and for all- at least for the foreseeable future.

City
I was so relieved to have seen a performance which restored some faith and pride. King finally got his tactics right, only taken 6 months but oh well. Bragging rights retained.

Contracts
Evans' quotes indicate he will never stay- and we all know what I think, good riddance. Hewlett is the 'suprise' one I guess, but I'm glad he's off. He needs to kick start a stalling career. Elsewhere.

Andy King
It's taken him nearly 4 years to put out a side without Duke or Hewlett and we play cracking. He has been too unadventurous recently and has helped kill the PO chance. I am now happy for him to stay and help rebuild next season now Harfords gone.

Gates
Certainly more than reported on Weds, but the 'facts' are that we had two massive games at home and the net gate comes to about 12,000. Crap.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 15, 2005, 21:30:00 »

Walsall
Agree with you old chap, I can only imagine that the nerves kicked in and the change back to 4-4-2 upset the system - we should never have reverted to such elaborate tactics.  In League One, the KISS principle needs to be operated far more often.

City
Quality performance, but again we didn't win.  It would have been nice to "end" the season, or the part that really mattered, on a high.  Fallon looked immense - long-term replacement for Parkin if he can perform like that consistently.

Contracts

Book, Evans, Hewlett and Robinson are not great losses.  Book and Turbo will never be in the first team again, Hewlett is not strong enough to be a tackling midfield, although I have always been under the impression he is more of a player to get forward yet in our formations he has always been restrained to being more defensive and thus has suffered.  We can get a goalkeeping replacement, and Evans has made a number of high profile mistakes - he had he not dropped that clanger at Kenilworth Road who knows...?  Still pretty livid about the cock-up at Home Park last season when he handled a backpass.

Andy King
Who's he?

Gates
Indefensible really, other than that City was a midweek game which didn't help attendences.  However, it is understandable how people don't want to pay 23 quid for a midtable performance.  Atmosphere was superb nevertheless at City, though Walsall was a bit drab.[/u][/b]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: