Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Maurice Malpas......  (Read 13971 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 22:46:57 »

I dont fucking know I'm just trying to be positive and be different to everyone else.

I say Malpas will be class.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 23:11:46 »

When the new manager is appointed, It will be our Ninth manager of the 21st century, not including Caretakers but including King twice.

Who needs stability Cheesy
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 23:13:43 »

Quote from: "Nemo"
When the new manager is appointed, It will be our Ninth manager of the 21st century, not including Caretakers but including King twice.

Who needs stability Cheesy

And to think King was here for 4 years or so with his second spell.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 23:29:28 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
But inexperienced or low experienced managers have always been shit in the past:

Lou Macari
Ossie Ardiles
Glenn Hoddle
Dennis Wise

We're fucking doomed if it's this Malpas bloke  Sad
I agree, we need an experienced big name. Roy Evans or Colin Todd would be good.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 19:52:17 »

Quote from: "Tails"
I dont fucking know I'm just trying to be positive and be different to everyone else.

I say Malpas will be class.

Fuck it Tails, I'm with you...Fitton and Malpas will be great...

Hey ho, let's go (and pay off HMRC  Wink )

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 19:54:21 »

Wise wasnt inexperienced- he got Milwall to the FA cup final and maintained them in the championship
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 20:06:11 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
Wise wasnt inexperienced- he got Milwall to the FA cup final and maintained them in the championship

He was low experienced though like Si said  Wink
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #157 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 20:14:44 »

You really are the most pessimistic cunt I have ever known. Everything is shit.

- If we got a 20,000 seat new stadium you would say we should have 30,000 where is the ambition?

- If we hired Jose Mourinho as manager you would say, why didnt we hire god (not DV)

- If we were in the Premier League you would say, we should be in the Champions League

FFS Just give the guy a chance and stop complaining for once.

WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU HAPPY?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 20:16:40 »

Gaz raises a good point, why didnt we appoint Mourinho or me as manager?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 20:17:32 »

Because Mourinho's out of our price range and you're shit. Or is it the other way around?
kaufman

« Reply #160 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 20:29:01 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"

You really are the most pessimistic cunt I have ever known. Everything is shit.

- If we got a 20,000 seat new stadium you would say we should have 30,000 where is the ambition?

- If we hired Jose Mourinho as manager you would say, why didnt we hire god (not DV)

- If we were in the Premier League you would say, we should be in the Champions League

FFS Just give the guy a chance and stop complaining for once.

WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU HAPPY?

easy gazza bart is actually only pointing out the facts on this one.
Our new manager speaks well and he has had a great history as a player and a coach.
I know this has been said before but a month ago we nearly did not have a club to support. just because some of the younger people on here have not heard of him does that make him a shit appointment?
It sounds like he will bring honesty and hard work very much in the same vein as sturrock. As people mentioned he looks to have great connections too. id rather have him than ling in a lot of ways as i remember when quinn tarnished his reputations here, i would have hated that to happen with ling as he was a bit of a hero of mine.
lebowski was right though, it is funny watching people throwing their toys out their pram because they did not get who they wanted.
fuck me part of me wishes allen had got the job just to see some of reactions.
Malpas left motherwell by the way after the board tried to get involved in who his backroom was, something again very similar to sturrock at southampton, he was not sacked.
kaufman

« Reply #161 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 20:29:21 »

double post
sonic youth

« Reply #162 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 21:03:52 »

Quote from: "kaufman"
lebowski was right though, it is funny watching people throwing their toys out their pram because they did not get who they wanted.

who threw their toys out the pram other than fatbury?
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #163 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 21:06:46 »

MOTHERWELL FANS VIEWS: I asked a few questions for my website and here is some reaction....

What kind of football does Malpas play? Long ball to a wee guy who is now plying his trade with smeltic, then hope he does the rest! No other options. A dire style of play.

Was he good to the fans? Nope, as we got humped left, right and centre.

Was he tactically inept? Doesn't know what tactics are...he thinks they are small mint sweets and only 2 calories!!

What did he do right? Signed McCormack then didn't play him when fit.

What did he do wrong? Pretty much everything but if he takes Hegarty with him to Swindon, prepare for relegation

How will he be remembered by Motherwell fans? Useless

======================================

What kind of football does Malpas play?

Appalling route one hoofs up the park to anybody is his kind of football.

Was he good to the fans?

Nope! was very very poor towards the fans as the season was finishing.

Was he tactically inept?

He just played 4-4-2 all season.

What did he do right?

Apart from signing McCormack and Lasley, absolutely nothing!

What did he do wrong?

Absolutely everything!

How will he be remembered by Motherwell fans?

A manager who clearly has experience in how to stand while waiting for a bus.
==============
Maurice had an unprofessional attitude towards the fans, was monotonic with the press and was so inept and unprofessional that his team weren't even match fit. Shambolic stuff. As for tactics - he thought those were wee white mints for freshening your breath. A deeply, deeply uninspiring individual. I fail to see how Swindon players will want to give him their all and battle 100%.
===============
What kind of football does Malpas play? The kind where you get pumped off shite teams weekly.

Was he good to the fans?    

Was he tactically inept? Unless his tactics were to get pumped off shite teams weekly, aye.

What did he do right? Brought in a couple of quality players, although this was cancelled out by two poor signings

What did he do wrong? - We got pumped off shite teams weekly.

How will he be remembered by Motherwell fans? - Good assistant, but lacks even the basics of a good manager. You can take heart from the fact that a lot of managers go on to do well after leaving Motherwell, but don't hold yer breath!
=============================
I always wanted Malpas to to well but it just never happened, i do hope he does well at Swindon though. He made a lot of mistakes in his time at Motherwell but i am sure he will have learned a lot too and hopefully is successful for Swindon.
=================================
I always liked him. I think it was his obvious enthusiasm to the job that came across everytime he talked to the media. You could just hear it in his voice, he was bursting with excitement and confidence every week, and no wonder given the free flowing football we played every week under his stewardship. Then there was his amazing ability to change his system when things were going against him, he always managed to make the right substitution at the right time. To think, we could have been stuck with some dullard with a monotoned voice who only knew how to play 4-4-2 everyweek. And don't forget how complinentary he was towards the supporters and how approachable he was when anyone asked him about the games. I we lost a 16 point lead over Dunfermline towards the end of the season, but hey, that's just yer Donald Duck isn't it? I was pretty gutted when he left actually and I'm sure he'll work wonders with Swindon. If the English media thought Jose Mourinho's post match interviews were entertaining, wait until ye hear Maurice! It's laugh a minute with that guy.

On a side note, I'm sure Hegarty's hair is his own aswell...
================
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 21:10:16 »

Hmmm, I detect a slight hint of sarcasm in that last reply..
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: