Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeovil Matchday Thread.  (Read 19145 times)
glos_robin

« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, December 26, 2007, 19:31:24 »

First half was woeful against a decent team we would have been in big trouble luckily Yeovil were far from decent.

Their sending off was bizarre to say the least......the ref gives them a free kick goes up field ready for it to be taken, then runs back to speak to the lino, who then sends him accross the pitch to speak to the 4th official. The ref then runs back up to our box (by this time I'm thinking Corr is going to be sent off) but to my suprise the ref sends their captain off. Then to finally make it all the more bizarre he reverses the free kick award and gives it to us. Was truely one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen and am still not sure what he was sent off for.

Second half was much better with a good goal from Corr after a good through ball from Mohammed (who unfortunately is way out of his depth in this league). Should have got a few more and were almost punished at the death when Owusu almost got his customary goal against us. Good win and good day out but a new manager is a must though as can't afford to keep starting games slowly.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, December 26, 2007, 19:33:00 »

Quote from: "santa youth"
kurt hammond sounds like a mong.

fucking hell i hope we get RS back.

Soapy Tit Wank
That would be his Yorkshire accent.

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, December 26, 2007, 19:39:52 »

aljofree is probably the first name on the team sheet.and rightly so imo.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, December 26, 2007, 19:51:36 »

No Simon Cox should be. Oh he isn't our player. Fuck.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, December 26, 2007, 21:02:55 »

if yeovil had a decent center mid they would of gone in ahead at half time imo. we gave them too much space too often, they just never really capitalized though. Second half on the other hand we were different gravy. cox was full of running and mohammed actually got past his man and looked threatening, instead of passing it to the nearest green and white shirt as he had done all through teh first half

Commingues motm for me, closely followed by peacock. And we still continue winning on boxing day Cool

Things get better but they never get good
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, December 26, 2007, 21:04:08 »

and it was agony waiting for that ball to cross the line!

Things get better but they never get good
Scot Munroe

« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, December 26, 2007, 21:07:22 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
and it was agony waiting for that ball to cross the line!

it took an absolute age to go in.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, December 26, 2007, 21:10:32 »

i had time to say 'is that going to go in?' and look at my watch before it actually got there.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, December 26, 2007, 21:37:48 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
First half was woeful against a decent team we would have been in big trouble luckily Yeovil were far from decent.

Their sending off was bizarre to say the least......the ref gives them a free kick goes up field ready for it to be taken, then runs back to speak to the lino, who then sends him accross the pitch to speak to the 4th official. The ref then runs back up to our box (by this time I'm thinking Corr is going to be sent off) but to my suprise the ref sends their captain off. Then to finally make it all the more bizarre he reverses the free kick award and gives it to us. Was truely one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen and am still not sure what he was sent off for.

Second half was much better with a good goal from Corr after a good through ball from Mohammed (who unfortunately is way out of his depth in this league). Should have got a few more and were almost punished at the death when Owusu almost got his customary goal against us. Good win and good day out but a new manager is a must though as can't afford to keep starting games slowly.

He gave Bazza a slap!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, December 26, 2007, 21:53:54 »

I can't be fucked to sum the game up, but other points of note:

- Yeovil is a shit hole
- My sat nav is crap
- Thanks to R4E for the Hoi Hoi Hoi hat, I'm still wearing it
- Fred didn't get let in (John Moorhouse is a dead man walking)
- I started the Simon Cox 'sign him up' chant at the end of the game

Fucking brilliant day out.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, December 26, 2007, 21:54:07 »

Cox - Superb gives 100% - first man to applaud the fans and last man to leave the pitch.  Should be playing for us on a permanent basis.

Massive turning point for me - rubbish first half but Byrne and Williams clearly sorted it out at half time(as they did against hartlepool) so deserve credit.

We actually defended a lead as opposed to sitting back on a 1 nil lead.  Havent seen us do that in ages.

Kaid did well in 2nd half, good pace.  Nicho was good when he came on and they adjusted very well when Hasney came off - very pleasing.

Ifil was Ifil, immense as usual.  Vincent did well as well, happy with him in the team now.

Peacock and Easton worked hard and Allen looked sharp when he came on.

Absolutely chuffed with 3 points and 6 from 6.

WELL DONE THE REDS!  Beers
sonic youth

« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, December 26, 2007, 21:58:02 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
- Fred didn't get let in (John Moorhouse is a dead man walking)
what happened?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, December 26, 2007, 22:00:03 »

Quote from: "axs"
i had time to say 'is that going to go in?' and look at my watch before it actually got there.
True story

First half was shocking and I couldn't believe our players got clapped off after such an inept performance. The only positive was that we'd restricted their shooting opportunities.

Second half we were much better. Good goal and Corr should quite blatantly have had a penalty for a late challenge from behind. Kaid got into the game more and we actually put them under pressure in their own half.

Referee had a shocker. Gave dodgy decisions both ways - Corr should probably have gone too as he got involved in too many little scraps having already been booked, we should have had a penalty, and quite how he gave that as a corner to Yokel instead of a goal kick I will never know. Apparantly Skiverton punched Corr so I guess he got that one right!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, December 26, 2007, 22:00:48 »

I expect Fred was off his face, so they didnt let him in........just a guess like.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, December 26, 2007, 22:01:40 »

Quote from: "DV"
I expect Fred was off his face, so they didnt let him in........just a guess like.
Correct
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: