Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fans Consortium Message  (Read 3423 times)
arthurhorsfield

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 24, 2007, 11:47:47 »

Fellow Fans

From September 2007 as most of you I know I have been working closely with Bill Power Phil Emmel and STFC Trust to secure the future of our beloved Swindon Town. We are now closer to that aim than at any point since 1997 and hopefully we will see the completion of the takeover on 11th January 2008.

Throughout the last year or so I have received many messages of goodwill and support and the unstinting support of my consortium members and everyone at STFC Trust (there are too many to mention but Paul Davies and Andy Ratcliffe deserve great credit for the hard work and commitment they have shown to the cause).

Our aim was, and remains, the establishment of a stable and open football club with representation of fans groups at the core of its philosophy. The immediate requirement is for total support for Andrew and his team who have proven to me to be honest and open in their dealings over the past few difficult and frustrating months.

There are still outstanding issues which can and will be resolved and every effort is being made to ensure that these matters do not inhibit the challenging task in hand. I would ask you all to support the club and look forward to a period of success and stability; it is the fans that in the end make a club successful in the long term.

I know that a number of people have questioned my personal motives and even that of Bill and Phil (who frankly saved this club in its hour of need) and I bear no ill will towards any true town fan, we all have opinions and we live in a free country.

Now is the time for solidarity and total support for the club which is such a major part of our lives, let’s get behind the team and build this club back up to the heady days when the new England manager was given the run around by our own team of superstars (I was there and it was magnificent).

Can I wish you the players staff and Board at STFC a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year (3 points at Yeovil would be a great start).

Mike Wilks
Leader Fans Consortium
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 24, 2007, 11:49:49 »

Well said Mike

and thanks for coming on and posting this

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 24, 2007, 11:53:36 »

fair play and all that.
out of interest what has happend to the money loaned by power?has he had it back or is he classed as an investor in the club?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 24, 2007, 11:55:58 »

Fair shout.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 24, 2007, 12:05:31 »

Happy Christmas Mike.

The fans consortium have my gratitude in their attempts to take the football club forward. Please extend this to Bill and Phil. I guess the FC wasn't meant to be, but without its efforts I don't think we would be where we are now.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 24, 2007, 12:45:30 »

From September 2007 as most of you I know I have been working closely with Bill Power Phil Emmel and STFC Trust to secure the future of our beloved Swindon Town. We are now closer to that aim than at any point since 1997 and hopefully we will see the completion of the takeover on 11th January 2008

Am I reading it wrong or is there a nudge,wink written in there?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 24, 2007, 13:34:07 »

Quote from: "arthurhorsfield"
Fellow Fans

From September 2007* as most of you I know I have been working closely with Bill Power Phil Emmel and STFC Trust to secure the future of our beloved Swindon Town. We are now closer to that aim than at any point since 1997 and hopefully we will see the completion of the takeover on 11th January 2008.

Throughout the last year or so I have received many messages of goodwill and support and the unstinting support of my consortium members and everyone at STFC Trust (there are too many to mention but Paul Davies and Andy Ratcliffe deserve great credit for the hard work and commitment they have shown to the cause).

Our aim was, and remains, the establishment of a stable and open football club with representation of fans groups at the core of its philosophy. The immediate requirement is for total support for Andrew and his team who have proven to me to be honest and open in their dealings over the past few difficult and frustrating months.

There are still outstanding issues which can and will be resolved and every effort is being made to ensure that these matters do not inhibit the challenging task in hand. I would ask you all to support the club and look forward to a period of success and stability; it is the fans that in the end make a club successful in the long term.

I know that a number of people have questioned my personal motives and even that of Bill and Phil (who frankly saved this club in its hour of need) and I bear no ill will towards any true town fan, we all have opinions and we live in a free country.

Now is the time for solidarity and total support for the club which is such a major part of our lives, let’s get behind the team and build this club back up to the heady days when the new England manager was given the run around by our own team of superstars (I was there and it was magnificent).

Can I wish you the players staff and Board at STFC a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year (3 points at Yeovil would be a great start).

Mike Wilks
Leader Fans Consortium

* September 2006  Wink
SWINRICH

« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 24, 2007, 13:42:00 »

Well said. Thanks to the trust for the past 14 months. Without whom we may not have had this takeover. Thanks Mike for all your hard work, Paul D and Andy Tuck and the rest of the Trust board. Roll on the good times with a properly run football club!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 24, 2007, 13:43:09 »

Quote from: "SWINRICH"
Well said. Thanks to the trust for the past 14 months. Without whom we may not have had this takeover. Thanks Mike for all your hard work, Paul D and Andy Tuck and the rest of the Trust board. Roll on the good times with a properly run football club!

Fuck him, he never did anything.

(Joke  Wink )
SWINRICH

« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 24, 2007, 13:46:46 »

Yeah actually your right!! Only joking FRED!!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 24, 2007, 13:53:08 »

Yeah well said Mr Wilks. And well done to everyone again.
SWINRICH

« Reply #11 on: Monday, December 24, 2007, 14:22:56 »

Whos that taking over the Club. Its Andrew Fitton, Its Andrew Fitton!!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, December 24, 2007, 14:32:11 »

Quote from: "SWINRICH"
Whos that taking over the Club. Its Andrew Fitton, Its Andrew Fitton!!

SWINRICH

« Reply #13 on: Monday, December 24, 2007, 14:39:55 »

THATS COOL! I'M STILL SAT HERE AT WORK. THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE HAVING A MEETING AT 2 30 TO DECIDE IF WE COULD GO HOME EARLY. THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING!! THEY HAVE THE DECISION MAKING SKILLS OF THE PREVIOUS BOARD. ROLL ON 4'0CLOCK PUB TIME!!!
SWINRICH

« Reply #14 on: Monday, December 24, 2007, 15:13:22 »

YEAH PUBTIME HAVE A GOOD CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: