Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: yes/no?  (Read 7246 times)
juddie

Ignore
« on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 08:53:26 »

so I've been trying to get away from all the shit while here on holiday in Oz, but it's too hard to ignore it all. I've been keeping an eye on the adver and the forum - seems like some of you think the deal's dead, other's have hope.

For a bloke sitting here cacking his pants and wondering if he'll get to see a Swindon game ever again, what do you all think: honest opinion?

Will this deal go through or not. Will I be watching Town play Barnet in the FA Cup?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 08:54:51 »

I have my doubts that this is ever going to be completed.  But then again I am a pessimistic bloke when it comes to things Swindon Town based.

I have no inside info, no friend of a friend, just going on previous experience and a horrible gut feeling.
Barry Scott

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 08:59:12 »

I'm the opposite to Jan. I'm ever the optimist and i think it will go through.

I do think it's a toss a coin scenario though, and i don't think anyone really knows for sure, as the people involved are obviously not discussing it in the open.
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

Perfection is not attainable

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 08:59:56 »

Forever a pessimist when its concerning Swindon Sad

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 09:13:07 »

Too close to call. We don't know the facts. But, I actually believe both sides want it done but there's so many unknowns with the accounting that neither are prepared to accept the risks that go with it. If we don't know the liabilities involved, there's no way of predicting.

Instinct says it'll get done, Swindon-head says it won't
red macca

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 09:15:03 »

No
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 09:20:54 »

I have grave doubts to the future of STFC...
Far to much dirty water here now.
This saga has gone on for far to long.

NO....it will finish here and now

Crying
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 09:22:25 »

Yes we'll be OK, I hope so -  I don't want to stay at home on boxing day

I come from a land down-under
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 09:25:17 »

One thing I am actually confident of is that either the Football League, HMRC or Swindon Council will step in to ensure that Diamandis doesn't get a chance to enact Plan W (or what ever we're up to now) in the event that the Fitton deal falls through.  One way or another, his time is up - and he will soon find his capacity to control events from the shadows is greatly reduced.
McLovin

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 09:53:56 »

Nope. I can't see it happening myself
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 10:03:37 »

i think the barnet game will happen. thats all i'm willing to speculate on.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 10:26:41 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"
One thing I am actually confident of is that either the Football League, HMRC or Swindon Council will step in to ensure that Diamandis doesn't get a chance to enact Plan W (or what ever we're up to now) in the event that the Fitton deal falls through.  One way or another, his time is up - and he will soon find his capacity to control events from the shadows is greatly reduced.

In a way I think this is the problem with Diamandis, he has done this so many times before with other companies, the old liquidate and then buy back thrick that I think he feels he can do this with us. I had an old boss who was just the same, so many confused company names etc.

However my bosses nemesis was the Charity Commission, and in a similar way i think that the FL will do for Micky boy!
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 12:41:20 »

Quote from: "horlock07"

In a way I think this is the problem with Diamandis, he has done this so many times before with other companies, the old liquidate and then buy back thrick that I think he feels he can do this with us. I had an old boss who was just the same, so many confused company names etc.

However my bosses nemesis was the Charity Commission, and in a similar way i think that the FL will do for Micky boy!

I agree with what you have said, but I actually think the Inland Revenue will be our saviour , bizarely enough.

I think they will issue a WU order if the takeover 'fails' and that will mean that MD will gain nothing by a January fire sale as anything he can raise would be under the control of the liquidator, not MD himself.

Consequently he would be better off by taking whatever offer is on the table. And of course, he would much rather the deal went through on some basis, so that no-one external investigates the skeletons.

On balance, I still think the deal will go through.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 12:49:06 »

Quote from: "wokinghamred"
Quote from: "horlock07"

I agree with what you have said, but I actually think the Inland Revenue will be our saviour , bizarely enough.

I think they will issue a WU order if the takeover 'fails' and that will mean that MD will gain nothing by a January fire sale as anything he can raise would be under the control of the liquidator, not MD himself.

Consequently he would be better off by taking whatever offer is on the table. And of course, he would much rather the deal went through on some basis, so that no-one external investigates the skeletons.

On balance, I still think the deal will go through.

Depends who the liquidator is doesn't it.....

Equally I would suggest that Mike has little to lose as he is an Advisor, not a director, the Willis family however are at risk of losing a substantial amount of money and I suppose if anything is proven potential legal proceedings.

I am sadly getting to the point of concluding that this isn't going to happen, and in a perverse way looking forward to the proverbial hitting the fan, just to see Wills lose money and anything else he has mortgaged!
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, December 20, 2007, 13:10:41 »

If the court issue the winding up order, they (the court) appoint the liquidator.

The official receiver, who is a court official, is ultimately responsible for the liquidation, and they will take no crap from any Greek who may have an opinion.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: