Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Hotel last night  (Read 3189 times)
Spencer_White

« on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 16:22:21 »

Proper buzzing. When you see it that full you wonder if there are a lot of City in there. But at half 7 this lad gave out a mighty 'GIVE US AN S!', the whole pub (300 odd) fell silent whilst the fella belted it out and got a great response. 95% Swindon. Any City in there left quietly.

Anyone else in there? Proper good noise.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 18:54:23 »

I didnt go last night but I do love that pub before big games.It makes me laugh when our opposition go in there Ive seen loads get slaps .

/
W56196272
Melksham Red

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 19:28:02 »

That guy was virtually on his own. He screamed give me an S and about five people responded. The CG Hotel has gone right down hill in the last couple of years. It used to be rocking every week, it's just dead as fuck now. Last night was O.k a bit of atmosphere in there but nothing special.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 19:32:25 »

bets time i had in a pub was Leeds away last season and also QPR's Springbox.

leeds was rammed when someone did the same "Give us an Ssssssssss"
thing is every single person in there responded. Even the guys playing pool stopped to join in. :beers

remember the bar maid saying we were the loudest that had been in there.

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 19:35:24 »

Going to QPR is always quality

/
W56196272
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 19:38:08 »

was my first time last year and i thought it was ace.
in the pub with 4 qpr fans v x amount of us all singing we hate city :beers

Spencer_White

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 19:59:55 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"
That guy was virtually on his own. He screamed give me an S and about five people responded. The CG Hotel has gone right down hill in the last couple of years. It used to be rocking every week, it's just dead as fuck now. Last night was O.k a bit of atmosphere in there but nothing special.

Fair enough. I thought he got quite a decent response. More than 5!!! More like 50. There was 20 of us round the pool table.

You got complimentary executive tickets for Huddersfield by any chance?
Melksham Red

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 20:04:55 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Quote from: "Melksham Red"

Fair enough. I thought he got quite a decent response. More than 5!!! More like 50. There was 20 of us round the pool table.

You got complimentary executive tickets for Huddersfield by any chance?

Who's asking? Do I know you?
Spencer_White

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 20:13:35 »

I was chatting to one of you lads last night. Im not going to Hudds anyway.

You lads get to a good number of away games. I was trying to fill a minibus to Hull. Still am.

Walsall and Bournemouth away?
Melksham Red

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 20:17:41 »

Yeah we get to as many as we can. Can't make Hull though bud i'm afraid. Shame really, it'd be nice to get trashed in the minibus, cause some trouble and that. :beers

You're a Chippenham boy then yeah?
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 20:27:59 »

I should think trouble will find us up there. Iv more or less quit that now anyway.

Was with 3 Chippenham at Walsall. Good lads. Im not Chippenham though. I remmember at Walsall 4 of us, 4 of you, only realised you were Swindon when we got within about 10 metres! hehe.

That was a pretty crap day out though really.
Melksham Red

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 20:47:19 »

Was pretty crap. We didn't know you were Swindon either, we thought we had to kick off for a second.
Asher

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 22:27:08 »

ha ha, MR there was a shout of a lad of S which was brilliantly responded to

5 minutes later that other lad tried to match it and got no response.

Sprencer - heading up in a car to hull but will prob meet up at some point
Amir

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 22:36:47 »

Spencer, you know the Chippenham lad who got nicked?  I didn't think he was Swindon, only seen him at the home play-off last year.  Got kicked out at half-time with a lad I know, then walked round the town centre trying to start something, singing Swindon songs but getting the words wrong.

Think the same thing nearly happened that day as to you at Walsall.
Piemonte

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 23:11:23 »

No offence to anyone on this thread, but last time I was in the CGH the cunt next to me was singin KKK songs.

That kind of put me off a bit, the uneducated prick. now I drink in the winners bar Oops
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: