Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: City Ratings  (Read 1397 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 15:57:44 »

Evans 8 Fairly quiet but made a FANTASTIC save from Lita.
Seano 7 Solid and never looked too troubled
Heywood 7 Not always on the same wavelength as Evans but solid
Ifil 7 One mistake in the second half but kept Lita quiet for the most part.
Jenkins 7 Probably the quietest player on the pitch but made a few great challenges
Smith 8 Always running around, good balls into the box and some good defensive play too
Howard 8 Ran around A LOT and made one great run the length of the pitch! Very lively and looks to be back to his best
Miglioranzi 9 MOTM Covered one hell of a lot of ground in the first half and looked great going back and forward, no wonder he was tired when replaced
Igoe 8 Ran around a lot, made some good runs and was more urgent than in recent times
Parkin 8 Did a lot of work and got into great positions but the final touch wasn't there
Fallon 9 Did everything but score! Great first touch all night from high and low balls and deserves his starting place on Saturday (which he's been promised) Unlucky not tp score another INCREDIBLE goal.

Duke 7 Didn't set the game alight because that had been done in the first minute, but won tackles and ran it straight round Scott Murray!

REFEREE 9 Handled the game very well, was totally unbiased. Only problems were he was perhaps too lenient on occasions and City should have had a penalty at the Town End.
Piemonte

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 16:02:06 »

Howards 8 (was fucked after 65mins) and migz 9 (played well but again tired) are a bit on the generous side I think

I'd give Heywood and 8 as it was up to Evans to tell him to leave that long ball.

Actually I might make that a 9 for THAT tackle on Lita after a jerel "moment"

otherwise I agree.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 16:04:19 »

I think Migs 9 is fair because he popped up all over the place to win the ball, block shots/passes and then get forward.

But then its all a matter of opinion!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 16:09:56 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
I think Migs 9 is fair because he popped up all over the place to win the ball, block shots/passes and then get forward.

But then its all a matter of opinion!

Damn right, Migz was MOTM no question for me.  Fallon was second.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 16:12:16 »

Wink
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 16:29:06 »

Evans 6 Crap kicking, useless distribution, made a couple of decent saves and one very important one.
O'Hanlon 7 Didn't put a foot wrong, covered the gaps left by Ifil following Lita around like a shadow and was solid as per usual.
Heywood 7 Also a solid performance, he's been very consistent since his return from injury and I hope he stays this summer.
Ifil 8 A few 'schoolboy errors' but stuck to Lita like glue, I bet he followed him to the bog at half time as well. Man-marking suits him perfectly.
Jenkins 8 Put himself about, worked extremely hard, made some hard challenges, I can only fault him on not getting forward enough.
Smith 8 Best game I've seen him have out wide, although he drifted in a fair bit. Quality as usual.
Howard 8 Looked a different player at times, except for his unwillingness to pass when heading towards goal. I doubt he'll be here next season though.
Miglioranzi 8 Such a frustrating player at times, but he was very good last night and used the ball well, didn't stop running.
Igoe 8 Seemed more interested, played far better as a result.
Parkin 7 I don't recall him doing much of note at all, seemed a bit off-form. As I've said in another thread, he kept running the ball into crowds of players, his passes kept going astray and seemed very frustrated.
Fallon 9 You can't really fault his work rate or his willingness to throw himself about a bit, but his talent is so limited. Nevertheless, I'll put the missed chances down to lack of confidence/form. MOTM

Duke 7 I thought he made a good impact, looked solid going forward and overlapped with Smithy well.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 16:34:17 »

Evans 8
Jenkins 7
Seano 8
Heywood 8
Ifil 8
Migs 8
Smith 8
Igoe 8
Howard 8
Parkin 7
Fallon 8

all played well, deserved the victory. not much else to say that ain't already been said!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: