Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fitton Ready To Seal Vital Town Takeover  (Read 3897 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 10:52:01 »

Fitton ready to seal vital Town takeover
By Nick Mashiter
Comment

Andrew Fitton
Andrew Fitton could be unveiled as Swindon Town's new owner tomorrow as his takeover nears completion and he starts to appoint his own board.

A possible chief executive was being shown around the County Ground yesterday and it is hoped the deal will be completed by the time Brighton visit SN1 in League One on Saturday.

Town non-executive director Bob Holt confirmed they were optimistic for a conclusion tomorrow.

"Everyone is trying to get it sorted for then and Mr Fitton will be at the match, so hopefully everything will be settled," he said.

Fitton, who flew to America yesterday, said: "The deal is getting done, I don't think the fans need to worry about this matter particularly."

The completion of the deal is widely expected to signal the end for the current board. Acting chief executive Martyn Starnes resigned on Tuesday.

He said: "Andrew will no doubt want to bring in his own management team.

"In his position, I would do the same and therefore now is the right time for me to move on.

"I have acquired a deep and genuine affection for the club and, despite the difficulties, I have really enjoyed my time at the County Ground."

Holt says he is expecting to follow Starnes out of the club.

"I expect James Wills will stay and Sandie Gray will stay for the short term but myself and Willie Carson will leave," he said.

"I don't think there is a space for me so I fully expect them, when they take over, to say thanks for the help and ask me to resign."

The takeover would be a U-turn from Fitton after he withdrew his bid last week, only to resume talks.

9:57am today
Gazette and Herald
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 10:56:21 »

Town non-executive director Bob Holt confirmed they were optimistic for a conclusion tomorrow

see this is where the story breaks down

stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 10:57:09 »

Please, please have this takeover sealed for Saturday and then we can all celebrate at the game.  Plus it would be rude not to do an all dayer then to celebrate the departure of these clowns  Beers
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 10:58:45 »

Something still doesn't feel right...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 10:59:20 »

I cant see it being completed without Andrew Fitton there, maybe I am wrong?

I just presume that he had to be there to complete it and sign it over...unless he has that done already awaiting the final "small" bits being ironed out.

God I hope it is completed so I can get my life back on track.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 11:18:13 »

I think I may retire from the TEF when this takes over, suddenly the thought of discussing football all day is kind of scarey!!

It'll be well quiet on here with no politics to discuss.

Hang on a minute I'm almost expecting this to go ahead now, what's the matter with me?
fatbury

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 11:27:12 »

I hope im wrong but Im sure they are just buying more time ... please dont let Fitton be a fit up
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 11:36:29 »

Quote from: "The Grim Reaper"

"I expect James Wills will stay and Sandie Gray will stay for the short term but myself and Willie Carson will leave," he said.

how short is short term...? but this is certainly more positive than this time last week
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 11:39:46 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
I hope im wrong but Im sure they are just buying more time ... please dont let Fitton be a fit up

More time for what though? theres no where left to go, sell up or go under its that simple.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 11:40:12 »

aaaargh I'm in Cheltenham on Saturday - I'll miss all the fun
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 11:41:54 »

aaaargh I'm in Cheltenham on Saturday - I'll miss all the fun
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 11:47:05 »

That suggests Wills permanantly and Gray temporarily. Gray makes sense - she'll need to decipher her own bespoke accounting 'code', i.e. bullshit, to the newbies.

But Wills? That means MD to me, at least unofficially.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 11:48:31 »

Quote from: "The Moonraker"
That suggests Wills permanantly and Gray temporarily. Gray makes sense - she'll need to decipher her own bespoke accounting 'code', i.e. bullshit, to the newbies.

But Wills? That means MD to me, at least unofficially.

I would assume the Wills family will keep some minor shareholding in the club so would be around permanently because of this.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 12:45:53 »

I can't see James being retained on the Board for very long, not after Fitton gets his own men onboard.  Shouldn't take long to realise it's not really James' sort of thing.
Dazzza

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 12:46:52 »

Putting aside the finer points of separating probable fact from fiction in Robin’s interview does anyone know why James Wills could remain at the club?  

He doesn’t have any role or input on the day to day running of the club and he’s scarcely seen at the best of times.  The worry is that James is joined at the hip with Diamandis and while I’m happily speculating away here I'm concerned that where there’s a Will(s) there’s usually a…

Diamandis.

Sandy I can understand as someone will have to handover the accounts.  

Plus by the tone of that interview it sounds like Bob is offering himself up as Andrew Fitton’s new lap dog.

As they say in Ireland I suspect the whole thing is utter shoite to calm the natives prior to Brighton and dampen any riots.  I do wonder if the James Wills slip is actually related to the clause that’s going to break the camel’s back.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: