Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Willie Carson  (Read 1438 times)
fatbury

« on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 13:49:31 »

I dont know how true this is

and its not all that relevant I dont think

but someone I know who watches Notts County play says that Carson has been going to their games for months and may well be putting some money in!!!

Maybe they are looking for their next victim??  :?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 13:58:08 »

Not sure of the validity of that rumour, he lives at Ciren and has been a Town fan for longer than most of us have been alive, over 40 years apparently....could you turn your allegiance to another team? I know I couldnt.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
fatbury

« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 14:00:48 »

well thats what I was told ... cant substantiate it off the net via google tho ...
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 14:10:51 »

Quote from: "jjedmunds"
Not sure of the validity of that rumour, he lives at Ciren and has been a Town fan for longer than most of us have been alive, over 40 years apparently....could you turn your allegiance to another team? I know I couldnt.

Don't think this is accurate I believe he was a fan of a lower league Scottish Team and only became a townfan after seeing the celebrations on the motorway after we won promotion to the premier via the play off's, hes definitely not been a fan over 40 years.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 14:16:12 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
Quote from: "jjedmunds"

Don't think this is accurate I believe he was a fan of a lower league Scottish Team and only became a townfan after seeing the celebrations on the motorway after we won promotion to the premier via the play off's, hes definitely not been a fan over 40 years.

I know for a fact he used to comment on a question of sport back in the late 70 early 80's he wa s aSwindon fan and was introduced to the club by Julian Wilson the old horse racing commentator.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20011224/ai_n14427848

Ok maybe not 40 years but certainly 30+ years.

fatbury

« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 14:16:46 »

whatever happened to Julian Wilson?? Is he still with us??
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 14:22:27 »

Julian Wilson and Willie Carson used to sit next to me in the North Stand back under Bobby Smith so I know for a fact you are incorrect about the playoffs.

Julian is a top bloke but I havent seen or heard of him for many years.

And Willies only other club is his home town club of Stirling Albion, which is allowed as they are in a different country!  Cheesy

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 14:26:12 »

Julian Wilson wrote a piece in the programme at my first ever game - the 1-0 defeat to Bristol City in Sept 1990.  It was titled 'Would you let your daughter marry a Bristol City fan?'  Classic.
Spencer_White

« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 15:31:53 »

tighter than a ducks arse. not that rich. doesnt even like football very much. moans constantly about the 400k he leant town.

Fatbury, youve written some crap in your time, but even for you this ones past a joke.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 15:46:56 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
tighter than a ducks arse. not that rich. doesnt even like football very much. moans constantly about the 400k he leant town.

Fatbury, youve written some crap in your time, but even for you this ones past a joke.

he's been moaning about that loan for years.. literally..

http://archive.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/2001/8/21/211090.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: