Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Xbox2  (Read 2261 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:11:57 »

Going to be released on MTV to the world on May11th and 12th.
Anyone going to get one/heard any stories on them?

Apparently they think its going to kill off the ipod and playstation in one?!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/l15tfc/xbox2b.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/l15tfc/xbox2a.jpg

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:21:11 »

PS3 all the way mate.

apparently nothing comes close to the PS3.
not even this

magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:25:28 »

Playstation 3, An essential overview

The Sony PlayStation 3 (colloquially known as the PS3) will be the new video game console in Sony's PlayStation series. Currently, PlayStation 3 is estimated to be available sometime in 2006, but recent developments suggest that it may in fact arrive as late as 2007, or as early as fall (October to December) 2005.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Central Processing Unit

The PlayStation 3's CPU will be a chip codenamed "Cell", and the system will use chip-to-chip interface technology and memory technology from Rambus. Cell's technical details were released at the February 2005 ISSCC. IBM has won the contract to produce Cell chips for the console. The CPU's supposed distributed processing features have been of great interest to the press, speculation being that many items in the home, with differing numbers of Cell chips, can pool their power. Cell is a dual-core, 64-bit RISC IBM POWER derivative. Early versions of the chip will be 90-nm, with a change to a 65-nm process, if cost and performance allow. Abstracts from presentations to be presented at ISSCC show the Cell processor running at 4.6 GHz.

Graphics Processing Unit

In December 2004, Nvidia announced that they have been in a multi-year agreement with SCEI to develop the PlayStation 3's GPU, a custom variant of their next-generation graphics processor. In fact, they had worked for two years on the chip before making the announcement. They were previously responsible for the GPU in the Xbox console. The GPU will be manufactured at the joint Sony/Toshiba fabrication facility in Nagasaki, Japan.

RAM

Reuters news service reports that Elpida will be supplying the RAM used in the Playstation 3, and the company confirms spectulation that the Playstation 3 will utilize the 512 megabit version (64 Megabyte per RAM chip) of XDR DRAM, with Rambus' interface technology. Up to four can be used per Cell chip, for a maximum RAM figure of 256 Megabytes per Cell Chip.

Anticipation

As the latest in a series of extremely popular game consoles, anticipation surrounding the PS3 is high. Fans have already started designing images of what they think the console will look like. However, there have not been any official designs publically released by Sony as of yet. Dedicated Sony loyalists have also formed various forums, which they use to discuss all aspects of the next generation gaming system. Sony has announced that the PS3 will appear (possibly in playable form) at E3 in 2005, but will debut ahead of that event.

Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 18:43:33 »

The above makes no sense at all to me, but I will most likely be getting a PS3, the question is, do I get it when it is released or wait a few months for the price to drop?

The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 19:36:39 »

Its complete nonsence to suggest PS3 will be better than Xbox 2 when neither are yet available for direct comparison! I had a PS1 then moved on to a PS2 but eventually sold that for my Xbox. At the moment the Xbox is far superior over the PS2 in every way possible and I'm sure the Xbox 2 will be even better!

Just out of curiosity, anyone else here use Xbox live? My gamertag is STFC.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 21:08:10 »

i agree the Xbox is better than the PS2 but the amount of money and programing which is going into the PS3 it will/should make it so much better.

i'm looking forward to both but my money is on the PS3.

Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 21:09:37 »

I will buy whichever one lets me play PES5 online

Rigobert Song La la la
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 21:13:42 »

Quote from: "magicroundabout"
i agree the Xbox is better than the PS2 but the amount of money and programing which is going into the PS3 it will/should make it so much better.

i'm looking forward to both but my money is on the PS3.

...Until Xbox 3 is released in 2008.  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 21:15:48 »

same with any "fuckin" thing you buy.
soon as you walk out the shop it's out of date :evil:

Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 21:18:56 »

not lobsters mate

Rigobert Song La la la
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 22:55:45 »

Quote from: "Parkin Ticket"
The above makes no sense at all to me, but I will most likely be getting a PS3, the question is, do I get it when it is released or wait a few months for the price to drop?
they don't go down in price at all for ages after the release date, as demand is so high.

unless it does shit in terms of sales. which it won't.
Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 23:19:53 »

Yeah I spose.  Look at the current PS2, it was £300/350? when it came out and now you cant probably get it for 120 with a few games thrown in as well

oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 23:36:52 »

Quote from: "Parkin Ticket"
Yeah I spose.  Look at the current PS2, it was £300/350?
yeah, i paid at least £300 for mine the Christmas after it came out (about 3 months from release i think). couldn't afford that now! £300 for a games console is ludicrous.
Piemonte

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 11:38:34 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"

Apparently they think its going to kill off the ipod and playstation in one?!

quote]

I dont see how an exbox 2 is going to replace an i-pod. You need a rucksack to carry the fucking thing Cheesy
hansgruber

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 15:37:47 »

Imagine how good Pro Evo's going to be on Xbox2!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: