Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Latest from Bob  (Read 2645 times)
returnofthereds

« on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 23:22:06 »

This taken from the Adver site............
SWINDON TOWN: Club 'positive' after meeting with Fitton
By Gareth Moorhouse

DIRECTOR Bob Holt insists club suitor Andrew Fitton will be involved in the search for the next Swindon Town manager and that the County Ground takeover is not in jeopardy.

Fitton told the Swindon Advertiser in an exclusive interview that negotiations between the two parties had stalled, but Holt claims a deal could be concluded as early as Friday.

Although Fitton is currently out of the country on business, he is believed to have held a meeting with major shareholder Sir Seton Wills on Monday night, and things are now said to be progressing smoothly.

advertisementHolt said: "I've spoken to Andrew Fitton this morning. Contrary to reports about the takeover being in jeopardy, he met with Sir Seton yesterday.

"It was a very positive meeting. There have been a few personal issues that have been addressed to Sir Seton, and Sir Seton says Andrew Fitton will get back to him in the next few days.

"Andrew says it's now with the lawyers, If a deal can be completed he will fly back for Friday, so we live in hope that the lawyers can move quickly."

Holt remains confident Fitton will complete his purchase of the club by Monday at the latest, but assured Town fans there was an alternative should the deal run into a brick wall.

He said: "I'm sure Andrew Fitton and Sir Seton will settle the deal. But there is a fall-back position, which would be remise of us if we weren't exploring.

"So if the deal does not go through, which we are all hopeful it will, there is a fall-back position we are working on at the moment.

"Andrew knows that, but from our conversation this morning I'm confident he will be back on Friday or Monday at the latest to complete the deal."

Should Fitton finally get the keys to the County Ground later this week, his first role will be to appoint a new manager to steer the club forward. Fitton told the Advertiser he expects at least 30 or 40 names to show an interest in the post.

He said: "The problem is finding the manager with the necessary qualities.

"There are lots managers out there who are just not up to the job - a lot of them I would not want anything to do with. Of course, events off the pitch do not help, but I really believe the club will be inundated with interested managers.

"It is vital they get the right one."

Meanwhile Holt described rumours of a Friday deadline for outstanding debt to the Inland Revenue as "nonsense".

He also had a message for departed boss Paul Sturrock, who was unveiled at Plymouth Argyle today.

He said: "We've come become friends since he came here and I think we will stay friends after this. I haven't done that with any other manager.

"He was a breath of fresh air as far as management is concerned. I loved some of the managers that went before but this man was wonderful, he had time for everyone and it's a deep regret.

"But it's a great opportunity for Paul. Plymouth are at the top end of the Championship and I'm pretty sure with his leadership they will soon be in the Premiership."

10:54pm today
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 23:23:54 »

Great. So basically he's now talking about a "back up plan" which basically means the deal is off.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 23:25:22 »

Bob, if you told me I was good looking with a 12 inch cock, id still want to punch you, you see the thing is I'd love to believe you however I just cant.

cib

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 23:27:11 »

the back up of a back up of a back up of a back up? or just a back up? or the original plan?
TalkTalk

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 23:27:52 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Bob, if you told me I was good looking with a 12 inch cock

It's best to keep it folded in half, Bushey.
Barry Scott

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 23:34:06 »

I'm only allowing thoughts of the takeover going through because i currently hate the thought of it not.

If it does go through Friday, i'm gonna get well and truly off my box all weekend. Imagine how fantastic it would be to have a new board! I'm obviously scared sick it won't, but christ... If it does, i'll be like a dog with 2 dicks for quite a long time.

King going, Relegation, Iffy going, Wise arriving, Wise leaving, Sturrock coming, Sturrock leaving... Everything that has happened for quite some time will fade into complete insignificance i feel. Please, please, please, please, please...
sonic youth

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 23:35:42 »

Quote from: "returnofthereds"
He said: "We've come become friends since he came here and I think we will stay friends after this. I haven't done that with any other manager.

explains why sturrock kept spouting so much bullshit!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 23:38:27 »

Meanwhile Holt described rumours of a Friday deadline for outstanding debt to the Inland Revenue as "nonsense".

There you go then. All is well.  :|
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 23:44:14 »

if you were such good mates with him and he was so fucking wonderful why did you give the cunt permission to talk to plymouth
lebowski

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 00:02:03 »

the fact that Andrew Fitton is talking about the next manager gives me great hope that this takeover will complete.

i would love to know what the "personal issues" are.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 00:04:04 »

oh come on you fucking cuntybollocks just get on with it
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 00:06:26 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
the fact that Andrew Fitton is talking about the next manager gives me great hope that this takeover will complete.

I did pick up on this bit though "The club will be inundated with managers. It's important they get the right one"

Oh  :|
lebowski

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 00:08:53 »

shit. good point.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 01:01:18 »

Maybe Fitton had a go at his dress sense?
neville w

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 07:39:20 »

Normally I'd agree, but it's Bob Holt saying that Andrew Fitton is talking about the next manager, so I'd not get too excited just yet.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: