Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shhhhhh!!!  (Read 1572 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« on: Sunday, April 10, 2005, 11:25:55 »

Sean O'Hanlon should not be captain!!

Seen as my mate is on crutches, we moved seats from my usual row x to row c, which is right by pitch side and seen as the County Ground was silent all game you could hear what was being said on the pitch, which was nothing

No talking what so ever, the whole game pure silence. Didnt hear single player trying to motivate the rest, didnt hear a player trying to raise the game, up the tempo.

SeanO was playing very left sided second half and I didnt hear him say a thing

We need a proper captain, a talker.....we are clearly lacking a leader and someone who will talk and shout at the players

Fuck Sake, Gurney used to do it....and you could hear him from row x!!!!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 10, 2005, 14:08:55 »

Razor used to do that a lot too, even if he was shit!

I think the commanding player is what's lacking, and that often comes in the form of a hard-man ball-winning midfielder!
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 10, 2005, 16:01:22 »

We don't have a captain in the entire squad.  You could look to Parkin, but he's not a talker.  Roberts is the closest candidate but being ex-City and being a newcomer probably not a good option.

A vocal captain needs to be an aquisition in the summer or we could have problems.  Didn't we have an ex-Watford striker last season who could talk a bit?  Sad
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 11, 2005, 22:19:04 »

Exactly.

The difference between Swindon finishing 12th and 1st is a leader. We are missing Mooney badly, not because his performances would have been Davis-esque but because he could lead the side. We've desperately needed someone with experience so when things have been going shit, they've been there before and can drag the younger players out of the rut. It isn't an easy player to get for free at this level, but if King's made one mistake it has been not signing a captain.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: