Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rhys has become shite-discuss  (Read 4296 times)
adje

Ignore
« on: Saturday, April 9, 2005, 17:13:52 »

At fault again for the first goal

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 9, 2005, 17:15:15 »

correct on both accounts
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 9, 2005, 17:23:42 »

His kicking is awful....
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 9, 2005, 17:26:58 »

his mind is clearly else where....
SwindonStevo

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 9, 2005, 20:02:35 »

yes he has became awfull, but hes one of the last people at the club to do so.
kick_ass1987

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 10, 2005, 09:01:33 »

His kicking sucks, but he is probably one of the best shot stoppers in the league, and isnt that the main job for the goalkeeper, he has been great all season, but now he made that mistake at luton, and a couple after and everyone says he's crap.... he makes more great saves than he does mistakes.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 10, 2005, 11:03:52 »

Evans did make a couple of good saves and he did own up for thr first goal. He is a Swindon fan, so he always trys his best. That's good enough for me.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Piemonte

« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 11, 2005, 18:44:06 »

Quote from: "blinkpip"
Evans did make a couple of good saves and he did own up for thr first goal. He is a Swindon fan, so he always trys his best. That's good enough for me.

Thats not good enough for me I'm afraid. He's shown last season that when fully focused and motivated he's a bloody good keeper at this level.

However this season he's made far too many individual errors and frankly I wont be that upset when he leaves in the summer.
Melksham Red

« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 11, 2005, 18:52:19 »

He does have a shit defence in front of him which doesn't breed confidence.
McLovin

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 08:14:42 »

I think its the other way round.  Shit goalie makes the defence nervous and panicky.
Asher

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 08:23:02 »

I THINK HES ONE OF TEH BEST GOALIES AT THIS LEVEL, WHAT YOU HAVE TO TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION IS HIS AGE.  hES ONLY 23 AND FOR A GOALIE THATS YOUNG, THEY USUALLY COME INTO THEIR OWN about 27/28

apologies for the caps just realised
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 08:57:27 »

hes shit asher!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 08:59:29 »

Asher you're wrong, it's a well known fact that some of the best goalies in the world are aged 12.  Where you've got this 27/28 from I'll never know.
Asher

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 09:02:18 »

hey bob wilson said it so im listening to him, ha ha! love it
JMH75

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 09:12:29 »

Rhys has been one of our best and most consistent players this year only behind SSP and Smithy IMO.

Melksham's and Ashers points are both valid.

The defensive performance in front of Rhys has been at times laughable and a number of times this season he has saved the day, I loved to know the stats on shots stopped against mistakes made by goalies as I bet that Rhys would have one of, if not the lowest in the league.

I can remember a few occaisions this year when we have had to sustain pressure for a long period of time and have gone on to get a result (Hull, City & Sheff Wed) but because only Smith or SSP has got us the goals the praise has been put on them (which is fine as both have been superb this year).

Considering his age, an ever changing formation in front of him and an overall poor defensive display all year, it was surely only a matter of time before a few mistakes were made.

I for one will be gutted if we lose Rhys as I think that he is a v good keeper (especially at this level). We would be hard pushed to replace him.

Keepers need stability and confidence in the 4 players playing in front of them, ultimately we need a decent left back and a central defensive partnership that perform consistently.

Apologies for going off on one. Oops

----------------------

I'm back!

-----------------------
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: