Poll
Question: will england qualify for euro 2008?  (Voting closed: Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 18:10:04)
yes - 39 (79.6%)
no - 10 (20.4%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: will england qualify?  (Read 4109 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 19:29:45 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
where is everyone going to watch this ?

Not sure I'll bother

booo
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 19:37:48 »

Fucking disgraceful mate - booing your team before they kick off
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 19:42:41 »

Im in hospital tomorrow so not going to the smoke, so will be looking to partake in a couple when I get out
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 19:46:53 »

You boo boys make me sick.

I'll probably end up watching it at home, though there is a chance I'll head out and find some female company. Problem is I'm worse at scoring than England
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 20:11:10 »

me too
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 20:22:42 »

i assumed you had to be single to post on here.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 21:02:13 »

You do mate
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 21:16:33 »

Quote from: "herthab"
We'll go through.

Remember when Robson failed to get us to Euro 84? Everyone called for his head, especially the pathetic tossers in the press, he hung on by the skin of his teeth and got us to a game away from a World Cup Final.

Too much knee-jerking amongst England fans, if we beat Croatia by 2 goals we'll come top of our group................................................

England fans are fucking useless anyway, most of us wanted Keegan, remember how well we did under him?

The difference being robson had proved himself at club level by then, unlike mclaren

Things get better but they never get good
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 21:56:12 »

I didn't want Keegan, though I did think he'd do better than he did...

As for tomorrow, yes we'll qualify but I can't see it being enjoyable at all.

When it comes to McClaren I think it's best he was got rid of at the weekend, I don't want to upset Jan and Daucher but we should have qualified already - and that's not to say that the other teams are all shit and all England should have had to do was turn up to the games.  

Teams expect to beat other teams that they should be beating all time but when you look at the likes of Man Utd you see that they make sure they win those games - England haven't, and that for me has been McClaren's legacy as England manager, there's been no spark about the team since he's been in charge and that has to be down to the manager.

People will say all sorts about players not giving a shit about internationals now, especially if they're being successful in the Champions' League but what about all those foreign lads that do the business at both Premiership and international level?

It's seemed like something has been wrong with the coaching setup for ages and for me McClaren has done nothing to demonstrate he's changed anything since Eriksson left so for me that's it and it's time for a complete overhaul before it's too late for us to go into the tournament feeling like we can at least play some good football.

We're not going to win 2008, I'm not about to start saying we will just because we're England but we're not going to come close in 2010 or 2012 unless the setup for this tournament is right, that's my opinion and in some way we can use the Scots' campaign as proof.  The Scots will now go into the WC qualifiers beleiving they can qualify, they know they'll have to work for it but there's no way they will consider themselves underdogs.

England's problem is that they never see themselves as underdogs, but unlike others they haven't done the professional things that win games against the lower ranked nations, again, that is not supposed to sound ignorant or elitest, it's just the truth.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 21:59:44 »

If anyone fancies a laugh you can watch me play netball instead?  Cheesy
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 22:01:48 »

Sorry Birdy, I have to play pool during the game, luckily we're at pretty much the only pub in our league that has the footy on in the same room as the pool.  Smiley
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 22:20:55 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
I didn't want Keegan, though I did think he'd do better than he did...

As for tomorrow, yes we'll qualify but I can't see it being enjoyable at all.

When it comes to McClaren I think it's best he was got rid of at the weekend, I don't want to upset Jan and Daucher but we should have qualified already - and that's not to say that the other teams are all shit and all England should have had to do was turn up to the games.  

Teams expect to beat other teams that they should be beating all time but when you look at the likes of Man Utd you see that they make sure they win those games - England haven't, and that for me has been McClaren's legacy as England manager, there's been no spark about the team since he's been in charge and that has to be down to the manager.

People will say all sorts about players not giving a shit about internationals now, especially if they're being successful in the Champions' League but what about all those foreign lads that do the business at both Premiership and international level?

It's seemed like something has been wrong with the coaching setup for ages and for me McClaren has done nothing to demonstrate he's changed anything since Eriksson left so for me that's it and it's time for a complete overhaul before it's too late for us to go into the tournament feeling like we can at least play some good football.

We're not going to win 2008, I'm not about to start saying we will just because we're England but we're not going to come close in 2010 or 2012 unless the setup for this tournament is right, that's my opinion and in some way we can use the Scots' campaign as proof.  The Scots will now go into the WC qualifiers beleiving they can qualify, they know they'll have to work for it but there's no way they will consider themselves underdogs.

England's problem is that they never see themselves as underdogs, but unlike others they haven't done the professional things that win games against the lower ranked nations, again, that is not supposed to sound ignorant or elitest, it's just the truth.

I agree, lets start anther arguement with the resident sweaties and krauts Cheesy

I think we'll get a draw tomorrow, probably 1-1. It wont be pretty or convincing though.

If we had all our best players available and in top form i'd say we'd have a chance of winning the thing - that's simply not going to happen under McLaren though. We'll probably be shit, scrape through the group stage  and get beat 2nd round by someone half decent
STFC Village

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 23:40:50 »

We'll go thru' by the skin of our teeth, last minute equiliser or something.

Beckham freekick anyone?
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2007, 00:39:42 »

thats a bit greek.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2007, 09:56:09 »

Quote from: "axs"
thats a bit beautiful.

Was that meant to read 'beautiful' or was it intended to read 'gre.ek' axs?

Presumably the latter?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: