Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Unsung heroes  (Read 2291 times)
sonic youth

« on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 16:54:35 »

who are your unsung heroes of the season so far? those who have exceeded your expectations or have been unspectacularly solid or consistent? those who don't receive the credit they deserve?

easton has exceeded my expectations of him all season so far and has been consistent to boot. he's had a couple of poor games but he never stops working.

pook's surprised me with how well he's coped with league one again, i truly think he's going to continue to improve...

cox deserves credit for his work ethic as well, the lad chases everything
Barry Scott

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 17:02:54 »

I agree with all your points. I also, contrary to what others think, feel Peacock is also very good in midfield. I never felt he would be the one to operate deeper out of him and Easton and he has really excelled as a defensive midfielder.
sonic youth

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 17:05:13 »

indeed, the cover he gives to the back four - particularly aerially - is excellent

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 17:07:05 »

yeah, easton has done really well. cox is quality and as an unknown has thrived here.
pooks better than credited with by many, and has not let himself down this term so far
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 17:07:10 »

First person to come to mind this year, Easton.

Last season, Jack Smith.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 17:13:07 »

This year Easton.

Last year Vincent.

Next year Rogerio Assicentiano!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 17:18:22 »

i'd say ifil for last seasons,robbed of the player of the year too
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 17:45:14 »

For me it has to be Franklin Anthracite.....I thought he must be a Welsh version of Andrew, Joe, Carlton, Ashley Cole (see what I did there Nev).....hasn't as much as got a sniff of a game, unlike Alquada and Gentille Alouette.   Has Franklin moaned and groaned, gone running to the press, no he's just turned up to collect his wages, on the odd occasion they've been paid.

Has Franklin been botherd by the fact nobody knows who the fuck he is?......no he's just put the squad before himself.  A real unsung hero.
flammableBen

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 00:41:59 »

Turbo for me. From what I've seen from the midfield this season I think we need a player like that. If we want to get into the playoffs then we need a Turbo.
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 08:54:52 »

Mcgovern has dissapointed me. I thought he was gonna be the league One Beckham. He just hasn't seemed bothered since Gillingham really. Easton I'd say has been the most consistent so far.

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 09:52:01 »

Vincent for me. I slated him quite a lot when he was playing, but our defence doesn't look as good without him.
McLovin

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 09:55:05 »

I think Easton has been outstanding. He gets through shed loads of work, wins tackles and headers... if his passing could be just a little more accurate, he'd be playing at a higher level.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 11:00:12 »

Roberts.I know,I know but he's looked a lot more hungry this year and like him or not,when up for it and on his game is our one truly dangerous player.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 11:06:00 »

Agree with that Adje... I really don't understand why he hasn't been playing recently, especially yesterday when he would have been a lot more effective than JP or Peacs...
Barry Scott

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 12:25:43 »

Quote from: "adje"
Roberts.I know,I know but he's looked a lot more hungry this year and like him or not,when up for it and on his game is our one truly dangerous player.

Very true, as a winger Roberts is amazing. I think he scares the living shit out of defenders. He can drible, take them on, cut inside and cross with both feet, plus he can shoot. He's a bit of a diamond on either wing i feel.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: