Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver censorship  (Read 3100 times)
STFC Bart

Ignore
« on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 08:13:07 »

Seems to have taken place as well.

Has anyone seen the one long letter than takes up half a page praising the board? You are not telling me in a whole week that this represents a good cross section of letters into the newspaper.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 12:46:53 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"

Has anyone seen the one long letter than takes up half a page praising the board? You are not telling me in a whole week that this represents a good cross section of letters into the newspaper.

Don't forget they always used to quote bits from their website as well..they not been doing that lately, you do wonder if they have had a slap on the wrist and told to behave espeically as Sturrock fell out with them as well they may have decided it is better to keep Sturrock the club on side to get football news to keep their sales up.

Maybe this was the deal they got for getting the 'exclusives' with Diamandis & Wills the other week.

Of course we may be totally wrong though.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 13:20:40 »

How's that censorship you muppet? Censorship is when you purposely don't report things.

Do you mean you believe they are being partisan towards the board, perhaps?

Did you pass GCSE English?
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 14:06:38 »

That is censorship you grade A cunt
Spencer_White

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 14:23:47 »

This is just selective journalism. Censorship would be if said letter was actually quite even handed, but they had edited out all of those bits.

Just comes down to what we all knew anyway. The Adver is blackmailed by the board, just like the council are.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 14:28:46 »

Quote from: "The_Plagiarist"

Hang on a mo, no it's not...

I haven't read whatever it this thread is about but like Bart says the Adver must get loads of letters about the club, some will be pro-board, some anti-board - if the Adver chose to print an anti-board letter would you be calling it censorship that the pro letters weren't printed?  No, oh well...

Less of the 'grade A cunt' business aswell please!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 14:44:00 »

Up until the mid 80's there was an official censor for films, books I think had a bit more freedom after Lady Chatterly's Lover case in the 60's.

Lord Harlech always seemed to get his name on the credits of films....his job was to cut out the rude bits and give it a letter.   Around this time it was decided the term censor was politically incorrect, so was dropped and the more anodyne British Board of Film Classification or similar adopted.

What Bart refers to is probably better termed editiorial bias or interference....it happens in journalism all the time,
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 14:44:37 »

You talking to me?
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 14:45:40 »

oooooohhhh get you

Sad to say, i must be on my way
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 15:52:45 »

Quote from: "Terry Tibbs"

You talking to me?

Travis Bickle?

It's All Good..............
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 16:05:06 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"

Hang on a mo, no it's not...

I haven't read whatever it this thread is about but like Bart says the Adver must get loads of letters about the club, some will be pro-board, some anti-board - if the Adver chose to print an anti-board letter would you be calling it censorship that the pro letters weren't printed?  No, oh well...

Less of the 'grade A cunt' business aswell please!

If I could censor you I would you fucking goon. Unfortunately the only cunts around here with those sort of powers are hardwired to a fucking computer night and day.  :rolf harris:
sonic youth

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 16:13:39 »

i'm wireless, not hardwired.

cunt.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 16:14:19 »

I don't understand your motivation?  Did you used to be called j1mmy?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 16:14:59 »

Erm, or maybe no-one else wrote in because they were relying on the comments after the story thing to make their point. Or just assumed "someone else will write in". One easy way to tell of course which is to write in yourself. Perhaps in a slightly less histrionic tone than some of your posts  Cheesy
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 16:15:30 »

how the FUCK do you get one of those routers to work? I've had mine for a year and can't get fuck all sense out of it. cheers in advance geek boy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: