Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bob Holt says.....  (Read 1907 times)
adje

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 11:58:07 »

"These new investors are people that we were in talks with earlier in the year but we were not going to be able to do anything until later in the year,which is now.This is a more realistic opportunity for us from people who are very successful"
            Makes me wonder why they bothered with Best at all if they knew an opportunity with someone better was going to be available at a not too later stage.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 12:00:31 »

BESt offered more money i beleive...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 13:14:53 »

More realistic != better.

I'm sure it was saide BEST were the preferred 'partners' because as well as offering more money they were 'football people that had the best interests of the club at heart'.

Seem 'I can't beleive it's not betfair' (new investors) were painted as plan B. Whether or not that is true or the story that best fitted the scenario remains to be seen.

Of course, just after the BEST deal was declared off Holt claimed the door was still open to them (even though it now seems firmly shut). Kind of backs up the theory that this is not the deal the board preferred.
Spencer_White

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 13:33:15 »

Because Best offered a great big back hander?

Sturrock might have talked the board out of BEST. After all, they would have been a disaster for us.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 11:31:01 »

Bob Holt says.... Relax
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 11:40:17 »

unless you can attribute that quote directly to Bob "not a cunt" Holt I'd delete it now horlock07,
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 11:43:10 »

Quote from: "The_Plagiarist"
unless you can attribute that quote directly to Bob "not a cunt" Holt I'd delete it now horlock07,

My apologies for an unsubstantiated quote, I apsologies for any confusion caused.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 13:01:46 »

Quote from: "horlock07"
Quote from: "The_Plagiarist"

My apologies for an unsubstantiated quote, I apsologies for any confusion caused.
just put "allegedly" after it

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: