Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Game against Rovers  (Read 2854 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 13:32:25 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
To be honest, Rovers home gates were big because they had large away followings.

Didn't they play Forest and Leeds?

Yes (Forest 9,080,  Leeds 11,883 ),  and also West Ham (10,831) in the cup too. I don't know if that counts towards whatever average attendance was quoted though.

They do seem to be getting low-mid 7k's in the other games. That said, league 1 is a bit of a novelty for the Rovers fans after a few years in the basement Smiley
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 13:34:10 »

I don't think the protests are having any sort of real impact on the gates. Less than 100.

I come from a land down-under
dell boy

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 14:25:50 »

Quote from: "dell boy"
Rovers are achieving much higher home gates than us this season, hard to believe really seeing the start to the season we are having.
I think they will bring well over the 1,000, cant see us having 9,000 home supporters though, like others I wont be attending home games in the near future either.

Why ?

I'm as pissed off with the board as everyone else but i'm fucked if anyone is gonna stop my saturday afternoon watching the team i love.

Fucking stupid that is.

Why single me out Ralphy, there are many with the same view as me.
I've supported Swindon for almost 40 years, but at the moment just dont get the buzz at turning up for home games, will turn up at away games when possible.
It took me a lot longer than most to see what the current board have and or doing to this club, I am making a stance by not giving them any more of my cash, if you disagree with my actions than that is fair enough and no problem, I think the last straw was hearing fans being banned and stewards acting like dickheads.
At the moment I just have no desire to go to the CG, end of.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 14:27:13 »

Also, lets not forget, Bristol is a huge city.

By rights, a city that size should have a well supported team.

Rovers do live in City's shadow though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 15:07:50 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
This team is worth 9000 crowds. Three reasons why are crowds remain sluggish.

1. Yeovil on sky, dire game.

2. Bob Holt saying we are about to be liquidated.

3. Not many big followings yet this season.

not to mention the price!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 15:43:31 »

Quote from: "DV"

The price is the same as last season, and at the start of last leason, we has an attendance of 8,500 for a mid-week game against...Barnet.

The low crowds is down to one thing...this board. People are pissed off with them, and like Dell Boy, are no longer willing to give any of their hard earned money to these people, when it seemingly goes down a black hole.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 16:34:04 »

I don't think it's just the board. I think Wise put a few bums on seats last season as well and i think those people stayed for the rest of the season but have now lost interest again. People are losing interest because of the board though which is a shame.
Spencer_White

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 16:37:00 »

Quote from: "DV"

No, I think the prices are OK at the moment. After all, this is a quality team.

The £23 to watch a good team being dismantled in 04-06 was a disgrace, but this is OK.

Presumably they wont mind missing out on a couple of thousand fans though, as we always loose £800k to a million every year. Dont we? Even when we sell a player for a million and have good gates it doesnt make any difference.  So like I said they wont miss us, we are irrelevant.
sonic youth

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 16:45:11 »

i don't think prices are a huge factor anymore, it's expensive for those without a decent income but in comparison to the rest of this division, i doubt you'd find a great deal of difference.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 16:48:33 »

I'll just be happy to get in to see the game this season  :|
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 18:43:59 »

Rovers are achieving much higher home gates than us this season, hard to believe really seeing the start to the season we are having.
I think they will bring well over the 1,000, cant see us having 9,000 home supporters though, like others I wont be attending home games in the near future either.

Why ?

I'm as pissed off with the board as everyone else but i'm fucked if anyone is gonna stop my saturday afternoon watching the team i love.

Fucking stupid that is.

Why single me out Ralphy, there are many with the same view as me.
I've supported Swindon for almost 40 years, but at the moment just dont get the buzz at turning up for home games, will turn up at away games when possible.
It took me a lot longer than most to see what the current board have and or doing to this club, I am making a stance by not giving them any more of my cash, if you disagree with my actions than that is fair enough and no problem, I think the last straw was hearing fans being banned and stewards acting like dickheads.
At the moment I just have no desire to go to the CG, end of.

I wasn't singling you out was I ??

You made the comment and i quoted you.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 19:00:48 »

The Board are the sole reason I'm not going any more.
I very much doubt i'll set foot in the CG again until Diamandis has left the building. had enough of the nonsense to be able to just pretend it isn't happening and enjoy the football.
Spud

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 20:01:15 »

Why ?

Fucking stupid that is.

Same as Ralphy, it will be a sad state of affairs if i can't go to Footy to support my team because of a few individuals.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 20:42:06 »

As someone who started boycotting games last season I can definitely relate to it. I've since started going back to games though.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 21:04:08 »

Personally I couldn't put myself through never going. It's hard enough being forced not to go, but boycotting by choice would be beyond my weak self!

Not to say that I'm right and others are wrong though
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: