Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Game against Rovers  (Read 2853 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 08:47:40 »

Just looked at the fixtures and didn't know that the game after Leeds is Rovers at home!

10,000 crowd for this one again?

Will Rovers fill the bank?
dell boy

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 09:16:40 »

Rovers are achieving much higher home gates than us this season, hard to believe really seeing the start to the season we are having.
I think they will bring well over the 1,000, cant see us having 9,000 home supporters though, like others I wont be attending home games in the near future either.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 09:39:48 »

the bank holds 2100, but there will be segregation, so probably 1600 or so. they should fill that

I come from a land down-under
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 09:53:06 »

Quote from: "dell boy"
Rovers are achieving much higher home gates than us this season, hard to believe really seeing the start to the season we are having.
I think they will bring well over the 1,000, cant see us having 9,000 home supporters though, like others I wont be attending home games in the near future either.

Why ?

I'm as pissed off with the board as everyone else but i'm fucked if anyone is gonna stop my saturday afternoon watching the team i love.

Fucking stupid that is.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 10:03:01 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"

Why ?

I'm as pissed off with the board as everyone else but i'm fucked if anyone is gonna stop my saturday afternoon watching the team i love.

Fucking stupid that is.

Hard one this.

Two schools of thought and I have spoken to people taking both stances, and I respect both arguments really.

I for one fall into Ralphy's category
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 10:19:54 »

Why ?

Fucking stupid that is.

I agree

I come from a land down-under
stfcben

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 10:54:54 »

Nothing will stop me going to home games. However I feel about the board I will turn up to support the manager and the team. That's what those 90 minutes are about. Staying away proves nothing in my opinion, if all of us did it, the club would be even worse off
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 10:57:05 »

We seem to be averaging 6200 - 6500 for home games.

I haven't looked but how does that compare to previous seasons in league one?
lebowski

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 11:23:46 »

more than a bad season, less than a good season.

we are yet to have a big away crowd too, expect swansea, rovers, forest, leeds and maybe brighton to fill the away end.

rovers' home support is falling very quickly. big-ish crowd yesterday for a derby game, but they'll average less than us over the course of the season.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 11:26:31 »

To be honest, Rovers home gates were big because they had large away followings.

Didn't they play Forest and Leeds?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 11:32:03 »

Quote from: "lebowski"

we are yet to have a big away crowd too, expect swansea, rovers, forest, leeds and maybe brighton to fill the away end.

rovers' home support is falling very quickly. big-ish crowd yesterday for a derby game, but they'll average less than us over the course of the season.
Back in the play-off season we averaged about 7800, but that was really boosted by huge attendances towards the end of the season when we got 9000-10,000 most games. If the gates are lower now than then it is not by much, and if we win 2 or 3 of our next 4 games and keep pushing the play-off places I would expect it to start to rise a little
lebowski

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 11:45:25 »

to be honest i would have expected yesterday's crowd to be a lot bigger than it was: we had won our last home game 5-0 and were playing top of the table opponents.

seems obvious what the protest of choice is.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 12:00:50 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Quote from: "lebowski"

Back in the play-off season we averaged about 7800, but that was really boosted by huge attendances towards the end of the season when we got 9000-10,000 most games. If the gates are lower now than then it is not by much, and if we win 2 or 3 of our next 4 games and keep pushing the play-off places I would expect it to start to rise a little
They won't rise if they keep banning regular supporters, especially one who has to travel 150 miles for a home game.  Were Wills, Diamandis and Carson there yesterday?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 12:04:25 »

Carson only goes to games when we're on tv.
Spencer_White

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 13:17:59 »

This team is worth 9000 crowds. Three reasons why are crowds remain sluggish.

1. Yeovil on sky, dire game.

2. Bob Holt saying we are about to be liquidated.

3. Not many big followings yet this season.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: