Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The End of the Affair  (Read 8427 times)
spacey

« Reply #60 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 18:45:39 »

Quote from: "Oevil red"

Certainly wouldnt expect anyone even to consider not going,I wouldnt stop if it were the other way around to be honest.

Scab!
Amir

« Reply #61 on: Monday, October 22, 2007, 09:37:10 »

My advise to anyone else who they try this on is to refuse to take the letter. The club chief officer (Doyle) does a good blag, goes to get on his radio etc, makes it look like he's going to get the police involved (hes an ex bobbie himself). But they cant do nothing, and he knows it. Just walk away. If they turn you away next game, then fair enough, but refuse the letter again, go back to the pub.

Easier just to take it, no?  I got mine overturned after just one game, and at the time I was thinking of doing the same as Yeovil and just not bothering.  Plus if you go for a meeting they've at least got to explain to you why.
sonic youth

« Reply #62 on: Monday, October 22, 2007, 13:23:07 »

Quote from: "Amir"
Plus if you go for a meeting they've at least got to explain to you why.
which should at least provide some amusement Smiley
neville w

« Reply #63 on: Monday, October 22, 2007, 14:43:49 »

Yes, just what mexico needs - another 250 mile round trip to be patronised, or to find out that "something else has cropped up, meeting postponed"
Amir

« Reply #64 on: Monday, October 22, 2007, 14:58:37 »

Meeting would be with the Chief Safety Officer or his Deputy, if you ask at reception before a game they send for one of them.  For what it's worth I wasn't suggesting Mex does this - and besides it's patently obvious he's not going to - I was just querying the wisdom of walking away and trying your luck next game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: