Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 40th anniversary...  (Read 962 times)
sonic youth

« on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 14:44:16 »

...of the release of the velvet underground & nico and 6music have been doing a feature on it all day.

does anyone else think it's a pretty shit album? nico totally ruins it and i think the only two decent tunes are heroin and venus in furs...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 17:13:29 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
...of the release of the velvet underground & nico and 6music have been doing a feature on it all day.

does anyone else think it's a pretty shit album? nico totally ruins it and i think the only two decent tunes are heroin and venus in furs...

Nah....think it still stands up pretty well after 40 years, it was quite a departure for the time.....John Cale came from a small village up in the Welsh valleys, and learned his music in the chapel....I didn't pick up on it until around 1970.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 18:43:11 »

They are the best of Velvet Underground & Nico (some others okay too), however Lou Reed's solo stuff afterwards is fucking class too.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
spacey

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 18:43:23 »

You silly boy, it's a masterpiece. I can do a great nico impression, I'm doing it now, but you can't hear it cos technology hasn't advanced that far. Trust me though, it's spot on.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 19:31:31 »

I like a bit of Lou Reed, Sunday Morning's class!
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 22:02:57 »

white light/white heat

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
sonic youth

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 22:03:58 »

loaded is a great album, mainly because there is no nico.

john cale's solo stuff is well worth listening to as well.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 22:05:31 »

I like Mika

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: