Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: our last stand  (Read 954 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 06:44:31 »

for those that cant get adver site.......

'Our last stand'
By Andy Cryer
TOWN fans are set to hijack the Magic Roundabout as they prepare to take what one supporter last night called "a last stand to save our club".

At the TrustSTFC open meeting at the GW Bar, around 200 fans packed in to discuss their next course of action as the club's financial situation worsens.

With director Bob Holt admitting just days ago the club were "rapidly heading towards insolvency", fans were in almost unanimous agreement some form of protest was needed.

advertisement
With various options discussed, four motions were carried, depending on legal practicalities, in their aim to force the issue.

n A peaceful march from a town centre location to the County Ground before Saturday's game with Tranmere.

n Some form of occupation of the Magic Roundabout, depending on legal implications.

n A peaceful pitch invasion post match on Saturday, again depending on legal factors.

n The traditional post match protests outside the Arkells Stand.

TrustSTFC chairman Paul Davis insisted the action would only get their support if it was cleared by the relevant authorities legally.

Meanwhile BEST Holdings have again stated their determination to conclude their takeover bid, dismissing rumours of interest in investing in Coventry.

Reports from the Midlands suggest Rufus Brevett was spotted at the Ricoh Arena but chairman designate Jim Little was adamant on his aims.

He said: "BEST has absolutely no involvement with Coventry. If Rufus was at Coventry it didn't have anything to do with my company. My guess is he was there talking about players.

"BEST is still 100 per cent committed to resolving Swindon negotiations."

A Town statement again confirmed parties are being talked to about a takeover, including BEST Holdings.

7:30am today
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 18:27:46 »

fuck sake .i thought it was a poxford scum gloating about ground improvements.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: