Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: to conclude and onwards  (Read 2838 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 21:51:01 »

I feel last night was a great success, not only in terms of numbers but mainly down to the increased coverage in the media. The greater the pressure we can excert on the board through these outlets the better, the embarrassment that this coverage involves is a vital cog in the wheel of removing these shysters once and for all.

So where to now? Already mentioned is the idea of a march, which personally i think is a great idea, however, we need somebody to take the reins and go about this with a zeal that only football fans could possess. My initial suggestion would be Alan due to his past experiences, however i dont want to press gang anyone. Volunteers?

The idea of a fans united day is again an excellent one. Having witnessed the Brighton and Hove Albion day it was fantastic, but again we have to move fast if we are going to do this for Tranmere. We need to contact fan websites, trusts, and the media if we want the full impact of embarrasment and anger.

There are a lot of bright ideas on this site and a lot of users who have skills in varying departments. Lets grasp the nettle and go for it. This is our opportunity to try and fucking do something. If we dont try, well lets not think about it.

We love this club and i wont sit back and let it die. fight apathy and do everything you can to protest and encourage others.
sonic youth

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 21:56:53 »

i volunteer you. well, i propose you. or something

i volunteer to do anything required.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 21:59:29 »

Cheesy  cheers, i dont mind sorting out stuff for a fans united day but i need help, i volunteer sonic.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 22:03:29 »

I reckon November 3rd V doncaster could be a good given there past history (thats if we are still here) what do people think?

plus who can help out?
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 22:13:46 »

I thought I was hallucinating when I saw you on the internet/ITV Mex

here's the man himself when you need him?
TalkTalk

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 22:17:32 »

I would be more than happy to organise a march.

Having been er, previously involved in several I know the SP, rules and have local fuzz contacts because of it.

Just as long as I don't get beaten to death for carrying a "Forest not stadium" placard  Tongue

Seriously though, I would suggest waiting until the Trust's Open Fans' Meeting on Monday to see what the consensus is on what we are going to do next.

If the collective decision is to do this then I will go full pelt to make it happen. I have a fair few media contacts but some assistance would be great.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 22:18:09 »

I think Alan would be a great person to organise stuff but I think the figurehead should be outside of the Trust and any previous stuff to do with stadiums etc. Not thinking this personally, but people are going to pick holes in every little thing no doubt.
TalkTalk

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 22:19:33 »

Quote from: "Fergal"
I think Alan would be a great person to organise stuff but I think the figurehead should be outside of the Trust and any previous stuff to do with stadiums etc. Not thinking this personally, but people are going to pick holes in every little thing no doubt.

Good point. Happy to organise, but I shouldn't be the face in the media.

They're fed up with my ugly mug anyway.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 22:27:26 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"
fed up with my ugly mug anyway.

Think we can probably get a unanimous vote on that on Monday  Cheesy
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 08:07:10 »

We could always keep Mex as media front, possibly assisted my the media whore that is FB  Cheesy
red macca

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 08:14:59 »

I agree lady mex done a sterling job and im sure alam knows a few people who will come along to this. We really need this to happen at the tranmere game .

I have emailed Chris kamara and im hoping i will be able to get him to do some sort of story at least, be good if maybe the adver could speak to him and a few other ex players
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 08:17:49 »

Quite a few people I know commented on what a good speaker he was, go Mex!

I'd love Kammy on-side hes a legend.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 08:23:54 »

The only problem with that is isn't Mex on the Trust Board?

Has anyone soken to the Official Supporters Club? I know they aren't political, but it's gone past that now.

It's All Good..............
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 08:23:59 »

Think the fan meeting Monday is an obvious focal point,need as many people as possible to go to it.

Everyone who got interviewed on the tv did a fantastic job Cheesy  Know its something i couldn't do,my only contribution was shouting hysterically at the directors box  Oops  Though i would be more than willing to do it again!

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
red macca

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 08:26:50 »

Quote from: "herthab"
The only problem with that is isn't Mex on the Trust Board?

Has anyone soken to the Official Supporters Club? I know they aren't political, but it's gone past that now.
Going by what bennett said in todays adver herthab i would not even bother asking them, We do not condone protests but understand the fans concerns or something along those lines
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: