Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver Report On Swansea Stewards  (Read 2259 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 07:34:13 »

FOOTBALL fan Nikqui Davis wants to blow the whistle on over-zealous stewards.
The season ticket holder says the stewards at Swindon's loss to Swansea City last Tuesday spoiled the game for her and her sister, die-hard fan Teresa Cawte, by shouting at the visiting supporters.
Nikqui, who lives in Bourton Avenue, Lower Stratton, says stewards yelled at Swindon Town fans ordering them to sit down whenever they leapt up in excitement anticipating a goal.
The 36-year-old claims the ground's staff also became angry when the fans started to chant.
More than 1,000 football fans witnessed Swindon Town's first away game loss as they packed the Liberty Stadium.
Mum-of-three Nikqui said: "It was bad enough that we lost 2-1 without the stewards being so harsh on us too.
"I'm so glad my children weren't there, it would have spoiled everything for them.
"It would have been a little easier to swallow if Swansea were getting the same treatment but we were just picked on - it was pure discrimination."
Nikqui, who never misses a home game and travels to nearly every away match, is now calling on Swindon Town supporters to petition the stadium about their treatment.
She is urging fans to write to Liberty Stadium, Landore, Swansea, SA1 2FA explaining the events of the match against Swansea City.
She said: "I know there are problems at football games but singling one set of supporters out for bad behaviour is just going to rile them up.
"They were even shouting at old men, telling them to sit down, but it's the same with everyone - if there's a corner we're all on our feet waiting to see the outcome."
PC Jim Neighbour, football liaison officer for Swindon police, said: "When you enter the football ground the stewards are effectively the police, very much like a landlord in a pub choosing who to chuck out.
"They are working purely from a safety and security point of view which is why they ask people to sit down.
"Saying that, every approach is different depending on where you go.
"I won't criticise their job because it is very difficult but I do have sympathy with anyone who feels there was any wrongdoing at the match."
A spokesman for Liberty Stadium said: "We are unaware of there being any problems on Tuesday with Swindon fans and certainly nothing was brought to our attention following the game.
"We take the safety and enjoyment of all fans, both home and away, extremely seriously and, of course, we will look into this.
"We are proud of our safety record to date and will continue to ensure that fans of all ages enjoy a safe and exciting atmosphere."
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 08:42:06 »

Werent it a load of your mates who got kicked out Gazza? That happy clapper firm are causing so much grief

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 10:26:56 »

Yeah, Craig and Marc got kicked out. Both for "persistant standing".

I nearly got thrown out, but the steward left me alone when I started saying he was racist towards the English.
Run_the_bath

« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 10:39:04 »

did anyone here the cardiff song being sang, only by a few, i doubt swansea fans would even of heard it
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 10:46:49 »

They tried to throw spencer white out, macca called them racist and about 6 came up, oh well that didnt work either.

Worst stewarding I have seen in my life, except maybe Gills away

Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 17:49:04 »

They werent gonna throw me out. Too much bother, even for them cunts.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 17:57:08 »

the bloke in front made me laugh the most telling him to move while he was trying to get your attention.

red macca

« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 18:00:49 »

That steward at the end was funny

I told him he was a shit useless cunt cunt and he agreed
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 18:03:12 »

The real thing that pissed me off was that the steward kept standing in my way when I was trying to watch the game
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 18:04:11 »

Tht was the seats si

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 20:22:09 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Tht was the seats si

You had the same problem too? Bless.

I saw Macca giving you a boost whenever we had a corner
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 20:50:12 »

Nah I just sat on his knee

Toni

« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 23:07:23 »

They're a bunch of liars though. My mum rang up the stadium on Wednesday - the day after the game - to complain about the stewarding. Cos we are 2 women on our own and we almost got into trouble with the Swansea supporters - in fact we did. So she rang to complain and spoke to this woman. In yet the spokesman for Swansea said that hadn't had any complaints!
Fucking lying cunts.  :evil:
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 23:16:19 »

Quote from: "toni_swin"
They're a bunch of liars though. My mum rang up the stadium on Wednesday - the day after the game - to complain about the stewarding. Cos we are 2 women on our own and we almost got into trouble with the Swansea supporters - in fact we did. So she rang to complain and spoke to this woman. In yet the spokesman for Swansea said that hadn't had any complaints!
Fucking lying cunts.  :evil:

Didnt you end up scrapping?
Toni

« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 8, 2007, 23:38:45 »

Almost. Some people deserved a good slapping. I hate Swansea fans!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: