Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Unbelievable  (Read 3491 times)
wokinghamred

Ignore
« on: Saturday, September 29, 2007, 09:23:53 »

'Meanwhile, the protracted takeover of the club inched a stage closer yesterday.

The Advertiser understands that full disclosure on the financial position of the club was made to the prospective new owners, leaving the ball firmly in their court about proceeding with the deal'.

What the fuck have they been talking about for months?

And how did they think the deal was just about to be done every day for weeks if they had not made full disclosure?
sonic youth

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 29, 2007, 09:27:33 »

unless this is the stumbling block - the revelation of power's shares/loan...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, September 29, 2007, 09:36:35 »

They've probably been showing them another companies accounts or something.  How ridiculous is it that for about 3 weeks now it's just been a bit of paper work to complete and yet the purchaser had not had the full financial information from the seller.

Maybe next week the hold-up will be BEST providing confirmation they have some funds?  Which month will a provisional offer be made?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 29, 2007, 09:59:32 »

Well this doesn't surprise me one bit. So it wasn't Brevitt, Little and Veiga getting cold feet about the deal at all. It was the useless work of our current board again.
Batman

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 29, 2007, 10:50:32 »

Well, well if this is true then the takeover is far from certain and might still take some considerable time to go through, if it does at all

The three Amigos are not even welcome seemingly at the club so I wonder if this is all just another ploy to bide yet some more time by the present board?

The twists and turns, lies and spin rather tells us a lot doesn’t it.  indeed some three weeks ago just some ‘minor paperwork’ was left to conclude.

Looks like more Porkies to me and these from both the new and the old lot!

Can’t somebody just throw in the writ. They will have to sort it out then. And ‘tout sweet’
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, September 29, 2007, 10:51:08 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
unless this is the stumbling block - the revelation of power's shares/loan...

They've known about that since at least mid-August - we asked Jim Little about it when we met him.
sonic youth

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, September 29, 2007, 11:45:57 »

aware of it maybe, knowledgable of how much of a cock up it all was and how the board want to dump it on them?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, September 29, 2007, 12:22:45 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
aware of it maybe, knowledgable of how much of a cock up it all was and how the board want to dump it on them?

Well it's not that complicated (the dispute may be but the basic facts of "you may end up being liable for £1.2m from the last investment deal we cocked up" aren't rocket science) and they've had nigh on three months now to find out about it. If they're only just realising what the situation is now, they really didn't do any kind of homework and what the hell was the "8 weeks of due diligence" all about? Sorry, don't buy that at all.
HarryFleming

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, September 29, 2007, 16:12:11 »

Surely this means the deal is over, and our lord and saviour Jesus Christ (AKA William Powerhouse) can walk on the Thames to save us. AMEN.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, September 29, 2007, 16:15:02 »

Praise the lord!!!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, September 29, 2007, 16:28:06 »

I think it is bull shit and just a bit more spin being thown to give the press something to feed on to save them trying to dig and find out what is really going on

Takeover certainly sounds far from certain though, and if the Portugeezers pull out then surely it says something about the state of the finances that Diamandis & Co have run up, will be very worrying indeed.

If it did collapse would Diamandis eat humble pie and talk to Power & Co though ? there may be a need for mass demonstrations against the Wills family.

Let's see what this week brings though.
HarryFleming

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, September 29, 2007, 17:56:38 »

Diamandis would rather shut the club down than talk to Davis and Power and co sadly.
flammableBen

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, September 30, 2007, 01:29:59 »

I'm going to read something on another secret forum, reword it so it's a bit more vague and mysterious and then post it to make myself look clever and knowledgeable.
lambourn red

« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 1, 2007, 13:45:12 »

Now we are into October and we are no nearer finding out who owns the club, whether the CVA is going to be paid, what the plans are for the ground , what the plans are for the manager this is now getting beyond a joke. :twisted:
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 1, 2007, 15:02:39 »

Quote from: "lambourn red"
Now we are into October and we are no nearer finding out who owns the club, whether the CVA is going to be paid, what the plans are for the ground , what the plans are for the manager this is now getting beyond a joke. :twisted:

It's strange you say that, because as I was guffawing away at the thought of this today, I suddenly stopped. It was obviously at the point I found the situation unamusing that I realised that the situation was now in fact, beyond a joke.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: