Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Booing of Bentley  (Read 7721 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 19:59:21 »

Were the England Punters right to boo him?

All the ex pros on the Radio think its mindless morons that did this.Personally I think he let his country down and if you pay £80 or whatever to support England you are fully entitled to express your displeasure.

/
W56196272
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 20:08:46 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Were the England Punters right to boo him?

All the ex pros on the Radio think its mindless morons that did this.Personally I think he let his country down and if you pay £80 or whatever to support England you are fully entitled to express your displeasure.

he was a prat in the summer, simple but he deserves a chance

kevjoycreed

« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 20:21:05 »

Perhaps, as he was subbed onto the field, lets face it, it was a brave decision to drop out of the U21 squad.
However the continued booing for the remainder of the game was uncalled for. I also think McLarens comments about the booing after the game were way off the mark, implied that he should have expected it and it was deserved so he should just accept it and get on with it, pfft. What he should have done was come out in full support of the lad and given a clear message to the "fans" who booed it's not helpfull.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 20:28:59 »

So by expressing a dislike to an England players previous actions you become a "fan" instead of a fan?

/
W56196272
sonic youth

« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 20:31:06 »

unlike many footballers in this day and age, bentley has half a brain and i respect him for his honesty.

don't blame those who booed him either.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 21:07:45 »

If Bentley goes on to have a stormer and scores a couple of goals it will all be forgotten.  In the end we just want the tossers to perform whether it's Swindon or England.  Logic says you don't hassle your own players during the match but I'm very guilty of having a moan when someone fucks it up - but thats what you pay your money for Cheesy
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 21:09:59 »

I'm not really arsed either way. I just want players in the team that can win games. If one of them's Bentley fair play, if not then oh well.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 21:17:48 »

I was there when Crouch was booed - now that was unjustified. Class act.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 21:20:47 »

Bentley wasn't booed for his lack of ability though, whereas Crouch was booed because some thought he was crap. I don't blame people for booing Bentley because most of those people would have done anything to have been given the chance to do what he turned down. But I wouldn't have booed if I had been there...
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 21:29:14 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Bentley wasn't booed for his lack of ability though, whereas Crouch was booed because some thought he was crap. I don't blame people for booing Bentley because most of those people would have done anything to have been given the chance to do what he turned down. But I wouldn't have booed if I had been there...

Yep when they've got the shirt on and the game is still running you've got to support.  when the final whistle goes, give the buggers hell if they haven't lived up to it.  Not sure on Crouch being "class" but I haven't seen him play live.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 21:46:28 »

not sure about booing but Bentley should never have been allowed to play for England at any level ever again, just like Carragher.  One of the biggest problems with our side in my eyes is the complete lack of respect the players actually afford to being given an England Cap.  It's become more prevelant as the money has flowed in to the Premiership.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 21:48:32 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
not sure about booing but Bentley should never have been allowed to play for England at any level ever again, just like Carragher.  One of the biggest problems with our side in my eyes is the complete lack of respect the players actually afford to being given an England Cap.  It's become more prevelant as the money has flowed in to the Premiership.

I think on wednesday I will dress up in a flag, ballons and face paint and clap all the way to, throughout and away from the game

STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 21:50:21 »

Fair enough he fucked up he was booed and we move on now.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 22:03:55 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"

I think on wednesday I will dress up in a flag, ballons and face paint and clap all the way to, throughout and away from the game

If it makes you a more complete person you go for it.

If you could hack off Bentley's feet on the way though, that would be nice.  Given your suggested attire, he'll neve suspect it's coming.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 22:08:15 »

I know where you're coming from but don't you think life has changed. There was a time where playing for your team or England was an honour, now it's just a revenue stream. I don't think respect exists in football anymore, only money. Looking forward to reading Bobby Charlton's autobiog - it may sound old-fartish but those were the days we had some fecking respect
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: