Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sense of foreboding....  (Read 3447 times)
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 08:24:21 »

I have been pretty upbeat since transfer deadline day....

But why after Luggy's comments last night do I have an impending sense of doom ??

Meetings with the chairman are one thing - but new players and coaches that he refuses to talk about are another thing completely

I am scared !!!

Wise men say........
MR BEN

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 08:46:29 »

It does seem a bit strange, why did we not announce the signing.
Why will he not comment on the fitness coach.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 09:15:42 »

I share your feelings on this, particualrly the new Portugese signing. So we signed 4 players last week, 4 were announced & one was kept secret. Now why the hell was that ! Trying to get into the mindset of those who make these decisions, I would if I were part of the new regime be upbeat about new signings... after all it's good PR, & a good number of supporters will instantly see you as being good for the club, (regardless of anything else).
So why the continuing secrecy !?. It only makes sense to me, if they have something they want to keep quiet. ! What that is, I have no idea (surely their intention), but if it were a good thing for the club, why keep quiet. Thus, I figure it ISN't a good thing for the club !
The obvious, conclusion must be that it has something to do with Football agents, & their involvement (or not) with the club.  
The thought then runs, that perhaps the "fluid", mystery investors, & the "portugese agents" are one & the same, (along with "pheonix" Diadamdis & Wills) & perhaps break one or two league rules ?
I do apologise for the pessimistic view point, but can anybody think of ANY other explanation !

From the Dark Side
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 09:16:09 »

Quote from: "MR BEN"
What seems more strange to me, is that things are finally beginning to look promising on the pitch, the team's beginning to gel and look like a watchable side and we have a good squad now with competition in mostly all positions across the park. Why are people still picking holes in the smallest of issues?

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 09:19:29 »

Quote from: "Red81"
Quote from: "MR BEN"
What seems more strange to me, is that things are finally beginning to look promising on the pitch, the team's beginning to gel and look like a watchable side and we have a good squad now with competition in mostly all positions across the park. Why are people still picking holes in the smallest of issues?

Doh, see my post above !
You give a reasonable explanation & I will happily be optomistic & toe the party line.

From the Dark Side
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 09:28:31 »

Quote from: "Phil_S"

Doh, see my post above !
You give a reasonable explanation & I will happily be optomistic & toe the party line.
My view is that Sturrock is under contract at the end of the day. He's allowed to say what he's allowed to say. If things are still a little up in the air with the new regime, etc,  having discussions about players and staff, then until things are final he's not going to say fuck all is he? I for one just cannot be arsed with the bullshit anymore. I just want to watch the game, feel positive about this season and get pissed.

sheepshagger

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 09:32:13 »

Eh ?

Smallest of issues ??

So go on then - tell me why the club did not announce new signings ?

Tell me why the manager (that you may suppose is making these signings) completely refuses to talk about these signings ?

Why we need a press conference on Thursday to discuss this ?

Does this sound like a manager in full support of everything going on ?

Meeting the board today - does this sound like he is going into the meeting to find out what the fuck is actually happening ?

Sorry - didn't realise this was such a small issue........

Wise men say........
MR BEN

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 09:33:09 »

I'm not saying its doom and gloom, its the happiest I have felt
for a long time, I just thought it a bit strange
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 09:41:32 »

Quote from: "sheepshagger"
does this sound like he is going into the meeting to find out what the fuck is actually happening ?
Yes it does, so why are you worrying about something you have no control over. If Sturrock comes out of the meeting and won't comment. What you gonna do then? In my opinion, what happens on the pitch is a big issue. What happens off the pitch, is a small issue. They let you know what they want you to hear.

McLovin

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 09:54:13 »

I have a feeling Almeida wasn't a Sturrock signing, and he's maybe not happy at that fact.
sheepshagger

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 10:00:56 »

Ah fuck it then - lets just not worry about anything....

I have no control over the war in Iraq - but this doesn't mean I don't think about it....

In my opinion its what happens OFF the pitch that has been and is the big issue recently.

What is happening on the pitch is great - Luggy has a huge amount to do with this and there is where the worry comes from - if he has enough and fucks off we will be in deep shit !!

Wise men say........
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 10:01:39 »

does this sound like he is going into the meeting to find out what the fuck is actually happening ?
Yes it does, so why are you worrying about something you have no control over. If Sturrock comes out of the meeting and won't comment. What you gonna do then? In my opinion, what happens on the pitch is a big issue. What happens off the pitch, is a small issue. They let you know what they want you to hear.

I beg to differ. Relegation, didn't kill the club, but bankruptcy would.  What goes on OFF the pitch is more important than what goes on on it, because it affects it long term. Players come & Go, (but usually in our case they Go), but I'm afraid what level of football we play at ultimately depends on how the club is run.  
Ask Lou Macari, if fans can influence things.. yes we can if we decide to do something about it rather than stick our head(s) in the sand.

From the Dark Side
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 10:11:03 »

I have no control over the war in Iraq - but this doesn't mean I don't think about it....

In my opinion its what happens OFF the pitch that has been and is the big issue recently.

What is happening on the pitch is great - Luggy has a huge amount to do with this and there is where the worry comes from - if he has enough and fucks off we will be in deep shit !!
Nah mate we won't. He's one man at the end of the day. I respect him. He's still got alot to prove though. If he goes though, we'll just move on.  It's the way football is. What seems such a big deal at the time, rarely matters a few months down the line. Remember how low we felt when Wise left.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 10:17:47 »

Must confess I'm tempted to wonder how many other players/staff there are to come out of the woodwork that we've signed but no-one's been told about. And why. And both these things add to the sense of unease already created by the secrecy in which the whole "takeover" is surrounded. But, it's hardly unusual for the manager of a football club to meet with the chairman/owners. And the Thursday press conference is something he does every week, along with the Tuesday press call. So I wouldn't necessarily start sounding the alarm bells just on those two factors.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 12:13:02 »

Nah mate we won't. He's one man at the end of the day. I respect him. He's still got alot to prove though. If he goes though, we'll just move on.  It's the way football is. What seems such a big deal at the time, rarely matters a few months down the line. Remember how low we felt when Wise left.

Absolute bollocks Sturrock is one of the best if not thee best manager in this league.  He has nothing to prove, he has achieved numerous promotions.  He is worshipped at all his former clubs, most of our fans agree we are playing some of our most attractive and exciting football in years.  So yes if he were to go I must admit I may be a tad fucked off especially with Rufus a ready made 'yes' man for the new owners a potential replacement.

The off field stuff will always remain far more important than on the field stuff, if your sick of the off field politics then don't read the boardroom section.  Go and bury your head in the sand.  There are plenty of questions left unanswered and people will continue to pry and attempt to get answers so get used to it.  I was a little worried by Sturrock's comments but will just have to wait and see what happens next.

Things look great on the pitch so I hope as normal the people in the boardroom don't fuck it up, as normal with Swindon I live in hope that it will all turn out okay  :?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: