Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It's Official...............  (Read 6657 times)
glos_robin

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 18:03:20 »

Quote from: "Summerof69"
I've notice that in Swindon Town Centre there is something called 'Swindon By The Sea', with the football club and speedway in attendance, over the next few days.

Will Mike B be digging out his Mr Whippy van so he sell a few ice creams...and at the same time show us these 'plans', which are seemingly in his head.

I dunno mate, are you a fan of the man like myself......what a guy!
red macca

« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 18:10:00 »

some of you seem obsessed if im honest
lebowski

« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 18:14:19 »

it does get a bit tiresome, doesnt it?
glos_robin

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 18:18:32 »

Not exactly much else to talk about is there... nobody knows anything and further rumours and speculation won't exactly do much good will they :-))(  

Much better to have a laugh and relieve some of the tension
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 18:29:12 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
Not exactly much else to talk about is there... nobody knows anything and further rumours and speculation won't exactly do much good will they :-))(  

Much better to have a laugh and relieve some of the tension

We do know something, and that's anything that Sturrock wishes to communicate to the new owners must go through Rufus Brevett....which effectively means he's now main man at STFC.

Will Rufus come along to the Trust meting on Saturday?
red macca

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 18:35:14 »

Has he been invited
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 18:37:14 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Has he been invited

Yes we wrote to Martyn Starnes today inviting the new owners and/or their representative(s) to the meeting
red macca

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 18:38:25 »

Fair play, great opportunity for them to put a few minds at rest
Rich Pullen

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 22:48:53 »

24 hours on...

Regardless of what the mini-statement stated - I am stunned (I probably shouldn't be) that on the day that Swindon Town Football Club are officially taken over the only update we, the fans, are given is about an injury to a former player. I was expecting perhaps some more information (no matter how brief) or quotes etc.

Madness.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 22:52:19 »

Im staying up till midnight,midnight is the new Friday at 5.05 (Crackerjack!)

/
W56196272
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 23:02:17 »

Ooooh I could crush a grape
ooooh I could wrestle an action man
Ooooooh I knackered and I'm going to bed.

The last one was all mine.
TalkTalk

« Reply #56 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 07:21:05 »

Bob Holt said "It's like moving house really". What the fuck does that mean?

SWINDON TOWN: Paid in full

Swindon Advertiser 16-Aug-07

By Andy Cryer

SWINDON Town's creditors will be paid in the "very short term" while some positive football news has also been promised at the County Ground in the next couple of days.

Administrator Andrew Andronikou has revealed he is expecting to receive the £900,000 needed to pay Town's overdue Company Voluntary Arrangement from the new owners within the next few days, after the much-prolonged takeover finally went through in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

While details of the new investment and their identity remain a mystery - the club still refusing to release any further information yesterday - Andronikou has revealed he expects some "very positive" football news to follow shortly.
advertisement

The CVA organiser has been very closely involved in the talks over the last couple of months and has described new owners Best Holdings SGPS S.A as a "foreign entity that make investment in various areas".

He continued: "Sport is one of those areas. I don't know too much about the details of the company but from what I have seen they are heavily involved in the football environment.

"They are predominantly a Portuguese company and I am aware they have people in football.

"This is good news for the club. I am very hopeful in the very short term the new investors will be forwarding me money to pay the CVA. A creditors meeting is no longer needed.

"There will be also be some positive news on the football front shortly. I expect the club to make some announcements soon."

In the absence of any firm details about the makeup of the takeover, speculation is rife among supporters.

Many are making links with Portuguese giants Benfica while sport agents the Castro Brothers are another rumour doing the rounds.

The Swindon Advertiser understands the new owners will hold 75 percent of the shares with the Wills family keeping a minority shareholding.

We also understand the new owners will bring young Portuguese triallists to Swindon in the hope of turning them into saleable assets.

Club director Bob Holt said: "The new people are now the major shareholders as contracts have been exchanged. It is like moving house really.

"The process should be fully completed by the end of the week and my future is entirely up to them now."

Chief executive Martyn Starnes said he was now at the "behest" of the new owners.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 07:28:08 »

More to the point 75% of what?
TalkTalk

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 07:37:54 »

Feeder club then.

Sturrock is going to love that.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 07:42:12 »

Feeder club...oh shit.  My 17 year love affair with STFC is starting to look very shaky.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: