Print
Author Topic: Mooney  (Read 5208 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 12:47:51 »

Taken from This is united.
http://www.thisisunited.com/news/item.asp?id=1032

TOMMY Mooney has urged Oxford United to start talks with the out-of-contract players immediately.

The U's leading scorer is one of a number of players whose deals run out in the summer, and he admits that it is an uncertain time for everyone at the moment.

With talks between chairman Firoz Kassam and the Argentine management team still ongoing, no discussions with players have started.

Mooney knows that the situation has to change – and sooner rather than later.

"I am contracted to the end of the season as you know," he said.

"Nobody knows what's going on at our place and it is very frustrating for all of us.

"The players need to know one way or the other, and whether or not the plans for next season involve me, I don't know.

"It maybe does not concern me quite as much as it does some of the younger players because I'm obviously getting towards the end of my career, but some of the younger ones have families to look after.

"I have got eight games left on my Oxford contract, so I will do my best in those matches and see what happens in the summer."

Mooney was on the mark as United came 28 seconds away from beating second-placed Scunthorpe on Friday night, and will look to add to his 11-goal tally against Leyton Orient at the Kassam Stadium today.

The game will see two former U's players come back to their old club, Lee Steele and Andy Scott both left Oxford in the summer to join Orient, and are sure to be fired up against their former teammates.

Realistically, United need to win at least six of their final eight games of the season if they are to make the play-offs, and they know that victory today is an absolute must.

"We know we need to go on a terrific run if we are to make the play-offs, and know we need three points against Leyton Orient," Mooney added.

what the fuck is this last bit about??
playoffs??? your having a laugh
 :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick

Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 12:53:46 »

I think they need to win at least 8 of their last 7 games if they're going to make them.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 12:56:03 »

Mooney urging for contract talks, where have I heard that one before.  He'll join Oxford City in the summer, or maybe if he's glory hunting he'll opt for deadly rivals Didcot Town?
Asher

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 12:57:49 »

hes a cunt.simple
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 13:03:05 »

a bald cunt at that
DMR

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 14:00:55 »

Not very fast either.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 14:05:20 »

but scored goals, unlike Roberts, Igoe, Howard, slabber and Fallon Crying
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 14:29:54 »

Be fair Roberts scored and looked good when he played up front, since he's been shoved out wide, that's when he's not looked as good.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 14:44:39 »

Ahahaha Oxford's manager and head coach didn't even bother to turn up to their last game althrough that's not unusual as the manager doesn't go to away games anyway Cheesy

http://www.thisisunited.co.uk/news/item.asp?id=1033

We have definitely missed Mooney this year, however much of a cunt he was for going to Oxford he did have a good season for us last year, although it's unlikely he'd have been able to repeat it this season anyway.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 14:46:13 »

That's brilliant Cheesy
Amir

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 14:49:20 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
I think they need to win at least 8 of their last 7 games if they're going to make them.

Cheesy
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 14:54:27 »

http://www.oufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10342~645464,00.html

Doesn't explain why they've not been present at ANY away games though!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 14:58:35 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"

Heh heh!  That could be a good manager's quote.  I wonder how long it will be before Harry Rednapp (the archetypal cheeky cockney con man) says, "I reckon we need 8 wins from our last 7", amid much hilarity and pant wetting!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 14:58:59 »

6 young scholars in the team and they still couldn't beat them.  My God Oxford are shit.
Dazzza

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 15:25:01 »

I thought (publicly at least) the reason he always gave for leaving was stability and a contract beyond the end of the current season.

Makes him all the more of a twat.

He really has drpped in my estimation this year.  Despite all of the hoo-har surounding his contract he was going to be missed on the pitch but he really doesn't look the player he once was.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: