Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It won't be the end of the world when Parkin goes.  (Read 3419 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 22:32:38 »

Just the end of an era. I shall be sorry to see him go don't get me wrong but I don't believe in all this doom and gloom about how we will struggle and eventually be relegated next season. We have to trust the board to do whats best for the club and that is to aquire his services for as long as possible then obtain maximum return. I believe he will be sold at the end of the season now that we are more aless out of the playoff run in. A figure of £400,000 - £700,000 can be expected with a sell-on clause in Towns favour. This money would ensure the survival of the club for another year and give Andy King the unusual chance to make permanent additions to the squad. It would be fair to assume Kingy would have a maximum of £100K at his disposal to replace Parkin and add 2 or 3 other players to the team. Did Everton fall apart after Rooney leaving? Remember how before Parkin we all got depressed when messrs Invincible (lazy bastard) and Sabin (worst ever player in a Town shirt) upped sticks and moved on to better their careers?
 So, here is to our Super Sam, thanks for all you have done for us and for making the last three seasons at least somewhat bearable. You deserve to play at a higher level and to see you bang in goals for a Championship side will be a testerment to us. (hopefully then you will be sold on to a Premiership side so we can cash in on that sell on clause!)
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 22:35:39 »

i was actually quite happy sabin left... and invincibile i wasn't that fussed about.

anyway, Parkin is a legend and im sure with kingy and a decent amount of cash we could bring in 3/4 decent players as replacements. but surely 300k is what swindon are expecting to accept.... i also heard 450k somewhere?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 22:36:52 »

Parkin going isnt the end of the world....

However its a big pair of boots to fill, and I honestly dont think King will be given much of the transfer money to replace him, and in the end wont...

However the doom and gloom, I personally hold isnt based purely on the fact Parkin will be gone, more the fact that I think about 5/6 first teamers will be gone next season....
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 22:37:33 »

i think somewhere between 300-400k. Thanks SSP youve been great
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 01:35:12 »

nah we're gonna fall apart. i'm well up for him staying here forever

officially blacker than the night.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 04:17:01 »

I think there should be a new section of this forum "dex's says"

/
W56196272
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 10:35:27 »

that certainly sounds like a plan

officially blacker than the night.
kaufman

« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 11:44:11 »

Quote from: "Rich"
i think somewhere between 300-400k. Thanks SSP youve been great

is it me or are we so used to getting shit money for our players that we kind of expect it now! if any other club had a striker 24 years of age and he scored 20 a season for 3 seasons in a row, really sit think for a moment about how much he would go for!  i will be really pissed off if we dont get 750 grand for him! hes improving every year and is not injury prone and hes going bald at an increasing rate so he will become more streamline Shocked
im fed up with our players going for a bugger all! we do not need to sell parkin so i hope the board hold out for as much as they can get! if it went to a tribunal then for once i think we may come out better off! i seem to rememer the imfamous bob holt saying offer us 1m for parkin and we we will talk! if chelsea are going to get of a pecentage of this deal then we need to our board to get their finance heads on quick! so basically we are fucked! Crying  i say lets get mcfee back from spain or wherever he went in the summer with the money we get from parkin if he does leave!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 11:50:34 »

i see what you mean there. its the board who will decide how much he goes for. that means (without their finance caps on) as is often the case, a small fee. which also means paying the bills knowing our ambitious board of directors
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 12:08:55 »

It will be a sad day when parkin leaves Sad He has been a legend at swindon and will always be.I actually do look forward to seeing how well parkin does for another higher team if he goes to one.It should be interesting.

RED ARMY
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 12:12:12 »

yeah it should be but im more concerned about finding a decent replacement
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 12:19:47 »

Have to say that the ultimate resignation on these boards that Parkin will not be here and that Swindon will not go up is a little depressing, and shows a marked lack of ambition.  Perhaps it is understandable given the last few years where Swindon fans have had little to celebrate, although the continual improvements under King and impressive squad we have now means the Championship is, in my opinion, a geniune possibility.

Through the eyes of many Championship managers, signing Parkin would be a gamble - a player unproven at such a level, and has had failed to impress during spells at Millwall, and most notably Northampton.  King showed faith in a player who's career at the time was at a low.  He strikes me as a loyal player, who geniunely enjoys playing for Swindon, but at the same time would like to his further his career by playing at a higher level.  The problem is, because some managers may see him as a gamble when there are cheaper, if not older but more proven examples available, we will either not receive much of a fee or Parkin will not leave over the summer.

More likely, Parkin will be here next January, and depending on our league position will decide the lad's fate.  Don't bank against Swindon not making the Championship next season and Parkin being a happy chappy again (if I don't believe this then I won't see Swindon play too much this season, so I'm desperately trying to convince myself this).

Finding a so-called "replacement" would not in my opinion, be too great a problem, with King already signing the young and impressive Christian Roberts for a nickel and a banana, so who is to say he cannot pull another great signing out the bag and rescue another jaded player's career?  The one (and probably only) side of King's management I have faith in is his ability to find some quality, cheap players at this level.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 12:30:34 »

Sadly Walrus, in the world in which STFC operates we lurch from one crisis to the next  
just a step ahead of liquidation.....this is the bottom line.

Wages for last month will not be paid in full because we lost the Bristol City game, we've got to get through the next  5 to 6 months on the proceeds of 4 home games, and hand outs from the FL.

The EJ concert willl probably need to be a huge hit to generate some funds to keep the club going for next season.......this is why King hints at changes over contracts, essentially anyone who can broker a better deal will  move, because they'll be offered much reduced terms......an offer for SSP which meets the trigger fee, will have to be accepted, and iI think the player knows that he may have to up sticks to the north if necessary.
Dazzza

« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 15:07:31 »

This summer is going to be a tough one indeed.  

Transfer windows will mean a lot of clubs once again start snapping up players to ensure they have full squad cover.  Don't think there will be nearly as many players to build a squad around as there has been over the past couple of seasons.

DMR

« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 16:15:18 »

A minimum of 450,000 is guaranteed, so I'm sure King will see some of it to bring in anew striker. Our board isnt THAT stupid.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: