Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: dont go anywhere unless its vital  (Read 15092 times)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, July 20, 2007, 23:29:52 »

Quote from: "timmyg"
My lady's folk's place in Minety is now underwater. We left at about noon to get back to London before the motorways were flooded and as we left the stream up the side of the house was rising VERY quickly.

They's been living in chaos for the last 2 months as the water tank in the loft blew up flooding most of the house. After waiting 6 weeks for everything to dry out, the new floors and walls were finished this week. Now the water has come up and it's all going to start again. Luckily the carpet and furniture wasn't in yet but the kitchen, garage and new floors and walls will all be buggered.

Another few weeks of fans and dehumidifiers (noisy buggers they are too) then rip it all up and start again!

They have my sympathy, just been through something similar myself and it isn't nice.

Hope everyone survives the weather, sounds awful

BTW, in true gloating fashion, its been glorious today, round of golf, started drinking at 0830 this morning, followed by fish & chips  Cool
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Friday, July 20, 2007, 23:41:19 »

just taken the dog for a walk, its weird.....all of the water apart from the underpass has gone down......but there are so many cars just left around on the road or on grass verges....
flammableBen

« Reply #107 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 02:15:34 »

Cheers for the pictures everybody. I thought they were proper ace. Sorry if you've been affected and all, but it's been a randomly exciting day. There was a nice friendly understanding vibe at Los Gatos which was ace, especially early on; when I was stuck in the kitchen alone, trying to finish off some preparation whilst telling the waitress not to take any orders until 6.30. Which she ignored by 45 mins. (She's lovely really, just not very good at saying "no" to customers.) Nobody seemed to mind too much, as far as I could gather, We were kitchen staff 100% by 6.30 so every thing worked out. I'm going to have words with somebody about the state the kitchen was in when I got there. It meant that I didn't get to make any Chocolate Pudding.
TalkTalk

« Reply #108 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 09:22:30 »

Glos - situation update?

Are you alright mate?

EDIT - Just read the other thread  Sad
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 09:32:22 »

My step-dad spent most of his day on "flood watch" yesterday.

My parents live in Purton, right at the bottom of the hill. They have a stream running alongside their garden which is the main outlet for all the water that comes down off of the hills.

The stream got right up to the top of the banks and started coming into their garden about 3 o'clock. Their neighbours have recently put up a new fence up on the other side of the bank which stopped the water from finding the natural flow of the land.

So my step-dad got his waders on, pulled out the new fence and whoooooooosh all the water poured into the neighbours garden (which is on a slope so there was no danger of their house being flooded).

My sister got a video on her mobile, I'll try and get her to send it to me and I'll upload it.

Drove back from Purton myself at about 10:30 last night and all the water on the roads had gone.
TalkTalk

« Reply #110 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 09:34:27 »

Loads of abandoned cars on the Purton Road and in Sparcells Drive this morning when I walked down to Stone Lane to pick up my (abandoned) car.

It was absolute gridlock in our neck of the woods yesterday afternoon.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 09:37:06 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"
It was absolute gridlock in our neck of the woods yesterday afternoon.

I can imagine, what with the bottom of Thamesdown Drive being like it was  :shock:

There's some footage of East Swindon on this BBC report:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pointswest/latest_stories/index.shtml
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 09:43:06 »

Just looked on BBCs 5 day weather forecast for Swindon.

Yesterday, they predicted 'light rain' :shock:

:shock: Wait until they predict moderate rain...................

It's All Good..............
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 09:50:05 »

The BBC 5 day thing is rubbish though  Cheesy
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 10:13:32 »

I wake this morning to find my shoes are still wet after wading through knee high waters in Cricklade Road. Went to the Kembrey Inn to wait for my mrs to finish work, had a couple of pints then went home normal way and was fine.

Hope everyone's houses are okay and no permanant damage has been caused.  

PS I'm so happy Brighton, Leeds and Plymouth had a nice sunny day, my thoughts are with you all.  Slip slap slop that sun tan lotion on!!
Sussex

« Reply #115 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 10:35:34 »

Quote from: "janaage"
PS I'm so happy Brighton, Leeds and Plymouth had a nice sunny day, my thoughts are with you all.  Slip slap slop that sun tan lotion on!!

Cheesy  Bit of drizzle earlier, but nice and sunny now.

Seriously though, hope nobody's too badly effected or out of pocket (glos_robin) by all this.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 10:40:11 »

Quote from: "timmyg"
My lady's folk's place in Minety is now underwater. We left at about noon to get back to London before the motorways were flooded and as we left the stream up the side of the house was rising VERY quickly.

They's been living in chaos for the last 2 months as the water tank in the loft blew up flooding most of the house. After waiting 6 weeks for everything to dry out, the new floors and walls were finished this week. Now the water has come up and it's all going to start again. Luckily the carpet and furniture wasn't in yet but the kitchen, garage and new floors and walls will all be buggered.

Another few weeks of fans and dehumidifiers (noisy buggers they are too) then rip it all up and start again!
Might I ask whereabout in Minety your in-laws live?  I lived near there for the first 24 years of my life and worked in Minety for 10 years!
lebowski

« Reply #117 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 10:49:19 »

just want to send my best wishes to flammableben, who it would seem got hit harder than most by yesterday's weather.

no chocolate cake  Crying
STFC Village

« Reply #118 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 10:51:55 »

I didn't heed the aforementioned advice, tried to get to the cinema, but ended up driving round for over an hour looking at the carnage everywhere :shock:
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 11:04:56 »

I hear Marcham is pretty bad Village? I had to beg a policeman to let me get through to my horsey this morning!  :twisted:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: