Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: dont go anywhere unless its vital  (Read 15081 times)
TalkTalk

« Reply #120 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 13:09:23 »

For those of you living in Covingham, Coleview and environs...

http://archive.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/2004/10/8/104924.html
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 13:18:01 »

Fair play Alan good research.
STFC Village

« Reply #122 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 14:04:08 »

Quote from: "STFCBird"
I hear Marcham is pretty bad Village? I had to beg a policeman to let me get through to my horsey this morning!  :twisted:
It's bad up by the turning for Dalton Barracks on the Marcham Road, closed now i believe.... bit of flooding down Mill Lane, but that's about it for us.

The cricket pitch was fine for play today, but the opposition phoned to say they couldn't make it, as their village is 6 feet under(water)
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 15:21:41 »

Quote from: "ronnie21"
Might I ask whereabout in Minety your in-laws live?  I lived near there for the first 24 years of my life and worked in Minety for 10 years!

It's in between the White Horse Inn and the Turnpike pub.

I'm back in London now, but I bet the bungalows down by the railway lines (by the post box near the White Horse pub) are soaked through. They're lower than everywhere else.

never trust a nun...
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 15:23:12 »

Is that the pub with the pond/lake alongside it Timmy ?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 16:41:36 »

The village of Charlbury just down the road from me.......

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/Ralphy-Boy/flood.jpg[/url]
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 17:28:56 »

Batch - I rode through that "ford" by The Manor in Haydon Wick last night on me  Honda - loads of people watching waiting for me  to fall off - lucky the air intake is under the tank, that's the deepest water I've been through.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 17:36:37 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Is that the pub with the pond/lake alongside it Timmy ?

The world famous Vale of the White Horse Inn has a lake/pond beside it, yes. Great pub it is too. Nasty little hump bridge over the railway lines going around a corner right by it. Lovely when trucks and buses come steaming over/round.

I would imagine that it has risen dramatically and perhaps even got into the bottom floor of the pub (the bit with the jukebox/pooltable/quizmachine/etc).

never trust a nun...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 18:01:30 »

Quote from: "ron dodgers"
Batch - I rode through that "ford" by The Manor in Haydon Wick last night on me  Honda - loads of people watching waiting for me  to fall off - lucky the air intake is under the tank, that's the deepest water I've been through.

Glad you made it!

I saw a dead bike on the side of the road where the water was at the end of Thamesdown drive earlier.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 18:30:24 »

Quote from: "timmyg"
Might I ask whereabout in Minety your in-laws live?  I lived near there for the first 24 years of my life and worked in Minety for 10 years!

I'm back in London now, but I bet the bungalows down by the railway lines (by the post box near the White Horse pub) are soaked through. They're lower than everywhere else.
You may well be right Timmy.  I still drink in the Turnpike occasionally, went to school with the landlord (but he is a thoroughly miserable fucker) but my old mates still go in there.  He was well flooded out yesterday, the water runs off the road straight into his front door.  Seen that one flooded out several times!  I am sure he will be blaming everybody, the goverment, the salvation army and even Paul Sturrock for his problems!!!
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 19:13:48 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Quote from: "STFCBird"
I hear Marcham is pretty bad Village? I had to beg a policeman to let me get through to my horsey this morning!  :twisted:
It's bad up by the turning for Dalton Barracks on the Marcham Road, closed now i believe.... bit of flooding down Mill Lane, but that's about it for us.

The cricket pitch was fine for play today, but the opposition phoned to say they couldn't make it, as their village is 6 feet under(water)

I stupidly just decided to go to the co-op in Steventon, had to row there in my boat  :roll: I can't believe it's still raining, you might have to check on skunk for me in the morning village, if I can't get my canoe through.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 20:01:23 »

You may well be right Timmy.  I still drink in the Turnpike occasionally, went to school with the landlord (but he is a thoroughly miserable fucker) but my old mates still go in there.  He was well flooded out yesterday, the water runs off the road straight into his front door.  Seen that one flooded out several times!  I am sure he will be blaming everybody, the goverment, the salvation army and even Paul Sturrock for his problems!!!

It's a scary old place in there. My girlfriend's folks have lived on that road for 30 years and still get looked at as 'outsiders'. Needless to say I've never been in. Is it true they pour your coke from an old, warm 2 litre bottle that's sat under the bar? I've never seen anyone go in or out, and only occasionally see the door open and lights on.

never trust a nun...
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 20:30:06 »

It's a scary old place in there. My girlfriend's folks have lived on that road for 30 years and still get looked at as 'outsiders'. Needless to say I've never been in. Is it true they pour your coke from an old, warm 2 litre bottle that's sat under the bar? I've never seen anyone go in or out, and only occasionally see the door open and lights on.
You've got it Timmy!!!  If your girl friend's family were to go in there, the landlord (another Tim) would ask them every question under the sun to find out their details and then gossip it all over the village.  The door is usually shut as it opens straight into the bar and the place is so dark it just looks like the lights are not on!!  I always take the mick out of him in the winter about his fire in the grate, was it two lumps of coal tonight or three??  He gets right niggled, but has a fan heater behind the bar for himself!!  As regards the coke bottle, some truth there (probably buys them in Tesco), however my son complained to him one night about that (he drives me down from Swindon so doesn't drink) and he always gets a can, but if it's a rum and coke you are after it still comes out of the bottle.  He only keeps two bitters, one lager and guinness.  However, he does keep it in good order, but woe betide anybody who complains about the beer - he usually takes a gulp out of it and passes it back saying there is nothing wrong with it!  Gets full on a Friday evening and Sunday lunchtime but quiet the rest of the time!  Kicked the darts teams out, wasn't worth putting on food for them he said, and is generally a miserable fucker!!  Did you know he actually owns those fields that are opposite your in-laws.  Tried to get housing on there several times but always turned down!  Happy days, sounds just the place for a TEF piss-up!! Beers
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #133 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 21:32:44 »

It seems like its been raining since i left?? It rained a whole months worth of rain in toronto yesterday if that helps??

It is 26 and sunny now though and will be for the rest of the week  

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #134 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 21:48:10 »

Quote from: "Whits"
It seems like its been raining since i left?? It rained a whole months worth of rain in toronto yesterday if that helps??

It is 26 and sunny now though and will be for the rest of the week  

Still no rain in Plymouth though  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: