Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW CONSORTIUM TO TAKE OVER  (Read 15437 times)
Dazzza

« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 13:10:15 »

I suppose it all depends on who this new investor is.  

I’d wager the news being labelled as a new ‘consortium takeover’ is to allow Wills and Diamandis to ditch the current holding company.

I genuinely hope we don’t see some sort of rerun of previous events with St Modwen replaced with a second development company such as ‘DJ Sport’ and a series of figure heads fronting a consortium which essentially leaves the Wills and Diamandis still pulling the strings.

Best case I suppose is an individual coming in and actually taking over the majority shareholding in the club (not a new holding co) and funds not invested by way of a loan unofficially secured against a future ground development.  Fuck knows who that could be, someone with a connection to football appears to be the consensus but aside from the likes of Noades, De Savary and Lowe who else is there?

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 15:16:11 »

Mike Diamandis  - has been involved in football for how many years....there is your football knowledge
mattboyslim

« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 15:24:16 »

My readign between the lines whilst trying to work is that this 'consortium' can put three or four new face on the board through one new investor.  Wills Jr and Sr, Diamandis if he wanted and the new investor- none are board members but that wouldn't equate to a sea change in the boardroom by any stretch of the imagination.

I will however reserve judgement until we see names and faces, and then I will allow my incandescant anger to be vented.
sonic youth

« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 15:26:14 »

it doesn't matter if you've got a clown, an inimate object and a mental patient as your board of directors - ssw and diamandis will still call the shots. if this is the case, NOTHING will change other than more money disappearing into thin air
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 15:31:01 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
A ground development- where reeves? Not in Swindon with the noises being made by the club to the council.

How can you be optimistic with the single man responsible for many of our issues still being involved and influential
Totaly right bart
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 15:33:08 »

Not sure about that..

Surely the investor wouldn't just give us money then sit back and let SSW and Mike D run the show? That makes no sense. They will bring there own people in..
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 15:39:34 »

Will they pay Bill Power his million back now?

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
glos_robin

« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 15:40:19 »

I'm tempted to reply to the email I got off Bowden today and do some baiting asking him if he's looking forward to going on the dole, based on past form he might give something away..........but I can't be arsed.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 17:15:21 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
I'm tempted to reply to the email I got off Bowden today and do some baiting asking him if he's looking forward to going on the dole, based on past form he might give something away..........but I can't be arsed.

Do it Cheesy
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 17:16:05 »

Do it  Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 17:17:39 »

ask him if he can go back to his job, at that other company.

He doesnt mention it often, so I cant remember what its called
glos_robin

« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 17:39:57 »

Hmmmm I'm tempted but not even he's stupid enough to bite.........is he?
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 17:41:55 »

Yes he is, i've made him bite a few times in the past  Soapy Tit Wank
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 18:34:00 »

Couple of things -

I would suspect that this will represent some form of management engineering involving SSW & MD to move companies around and eitherf move debts or get rid of the holding company. As someone mentioned the fact that they made such a big deal about Dunwoody going even though we know that most of the marketing staff are Dunwoody employees should have set the alarm bells running. i worked for a dodgy company in the past, and it was amazing how many times me employer changed between companies in the same group!

If not and it is a wholly new enterprise I aint holding my breath, either they have been very creative in the accounting stakes, or the due dilligence is going to raise some interesting issues... if it is tangtled as it seems 8 weeks seems short!!

That is all!
glos_robin

« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 19:23:50 »

Quote from: "OneBillPower"

Yes he is, i've made him bite a few times in the past  Soapy Tit Wank

I am suddenly feeling very tempted and know exactly what to write that would get him to bite, but it might decrease my chances of having a beer with him in the Glue Pot Sad
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: