Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gills Scum  (Read 3431 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 10:49:58 »

Quote from: "StefPol"
Quote from: "arriba"
Quote from: "Dachauer"
Great news for Swindon.  He was the main reason why we got relegated, and hopefully his shitness will be passed onto Gillingham in their daily training routines

I agree entirely with your comments

i disagree entirely.iffy inherited a shit team on the slide.then lost our best player and goal scorer.he was given fuck all to invest in players.

he was ambitious and took the job here,but i think he made a mistake in doing so.
but iffy is a top fella and i wish him all the best

Fair enough he inherited a shit team, but he still had 37 odd games to turn our season round.  His inexperience cost us, as his tactics in many games were shocking.  He lacked any sort of man motivation, and other teams like the Franchise and Hartlepool seemed up for the fight of relegation, whilst Swindon didn't have that fire or zest in their belly to fight to stay up.

If Paul Sturrock was in charge instead of Iffy in that period, then im pretty certain Sturrock would have kept us up.  Also, if Iffy remained in charge last season, we would still be in league 2

MK and Hartlepool still went down that season.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 10:50:34 »

The players bottled it because they lacked any kind of leader to guide or prepare them for the relegation battle.  Whether that was because Iffy was a poor manager,  or because the players did not listen and respect Ify as a manager - well im unsure.
sonic youth

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 10:53:24 »

maybe it was because they were shit
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 10:55:46 »

i blame the loanees - i mean how could colin heath, chris mcphee, big trev, and patrick collins  possibly save us?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 14:42:25 »

Onuora was shite end of

I come from a land down-under
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 14:56:48 »

Wasnt it effectivly Iffys youth team that went on to win that cup thing?

Not saying he didnt have his faults but he was chucked in at the deep end  and had the guts to give it a try under seriously difficult circumstances and he didnt do that for personal financial reasons either.

/
W56196272
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 15:04:13 »

Great news for Swindon.  He was the main reason why we got relegated, and hopefully his shitness will be passed onto Gillingham in their daily training routines

i disagree entirely.iffy inherited a shit team on the slide.then lost our best player and goal scorer.he was given fuck all to invest in players.

he was ambitious and took the job here,but i think he made a mistake in doing so.

Fair enough he inherited a shit team, but he still had 37 odd games to turn our season round.  His inexperience cost us, as his tactics in many games were shocking.  He lacked any sort of man motivation, and other teams like the Franchise and Hartlepool seemed up for the fight of relegation, whilst Swindon didn't have that fire or zest in their belly to fight to stay up.

If Paul Sturrock was in charge instead of Iffy in that period, then im pretty certain Sturrock would have kept us up.  Also, if Iffy remained in charge last season, we would still be in league 2

Sturrock would have made the play-offs, made a profit on players, and helped with painting the stand.  

Iffy seemed to be too close to the players, and when contracts came up once we reached 16th, they seemed to give up.
flammableBen

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 15:18:44 »

Iffy was thrown into a job he wasn't ready for. He only got it in the first place because the board didn't want to pay out and Reeves was wheel chair bound. Doesn't mean he wasn't a top bloke and doesn't mean he couldn't make a good manager in the future.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 15:19:23 »

Quote from: "Crozzer"

Sturrock would have made the play-offs.

Are you sure with the crap sqaud we had?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 15:23:15 »

He comes across as a nice bloke and he can talk a good game, but his inexperience cost us imo.

He doesn't appear to be a great motivator or leader and his loan signings were garbage.

That said, I hope he's successful at gillingham, as I believe he tried his best for us.

It's a shame it wasn't good enough...................................

It's All Good..............
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 16:07:12 »

Quote from: "herthab"
He comes across as a nice bloke and he can talk a good game, but his inexperience cost us imo.

He doesn't appear to be a great motivator or leader and his loan signings were garbage.

That said, I hope he's successful at gillingham, as I believe he tried his best for us.

Spot on comment,  top post !
TalkTalk

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 21:31:18 »

Quote from: "herthab"

Spot on comment,  top post !

Ditto.

Well said.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 21:33:32 »

I liked Iffy

He was shiney
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 21:40:27 »

What's not to like about a black Scotsman with a scouse accent? He was fucking ace.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 22:01:57 »

I liked Iffy, and the fact that 1000 people were stood at Ashton gate after we got relegated, singing his name.... that said a lot

I agree he made mistakes but we got relegated because the players weren't good enough, the leadership wasn't good enough, and the finances weren't good enough.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: