Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DVLA Fine..  (Read 514 times)
BrightonRed

Ignore
« on: Monday, June 11, 2007, 12:01:13 »

I've just received a fine from the DVLA for £122 for keeping an unlicensed vehicle on the road whilst a SORN declaration was in place.

Firstly, let me hold my hands up and admit that on this occasion I had declared my car off the road whilst it was sat on the street outside my house.

However, at the time I was actively looking for someone to take the vehicle away for scrapping and this had taken longer than I had anticipated. In the end, the car was taken away shortly after the date of the 'offence'

In hindsight, I should have kept the vehicle taxed and claimed a refund for the unused duty once I was rid of the car, but forking out for tax on a write-off vehicle is a painful thing to do.

Anyway... what's pissing me off most regarding this fine is the timescale between the offence and the fine - 113 days.. I just don't understand how it can take this long?

Does anone have any recommendations on how I should approach this with the DVLA? I really don't think that 113 days is a fair period of time between committing an offence and receiving the fine.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Barry Scott

« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 11, 2007, 12:52:14 »

I got fined for forgetting to renew my car tax. I was 11 days late, Nov '06, and think the fine was £80. It took them until April to send me a fine!

You won't get anything out of the government, they're cunts. They couldn't give a fuck about you or the circumstances under which you were fined.

Just write the word cunt in big letters on the back of the cheque and across the letter, makes you feel better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: