Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ADVER OUT NEXT ???????  (Read 5083 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 15:52:42 »

Quote from: "Summerof69"
Quote from: "Power to people"
 it is not the norm for a professional outfit

You call this lot 'professional' !!!

Nooo they are supposed to be but we all know they are not
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 16:08:03 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Quote from: "Ralphy"
What did i say earlier  :-))(

Dont read "The Boardroom" section the Ralphus until you have calmed down a little

Wink

I'm calm. This does prove a point though kind of.

I said don't believe everything you read in the Adver.

3 Hours later..... look what appears.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 16:08:15 »

That's made my day....fucking priceless.   A Friday statement and an absolute beaut.

Fully expect Sturrock to resign by October, the club will blame stress causwed by having to do interviews for both RS and Bunuel FM.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 16:09:47 »

Dont read "The Boardroom" section the Ralphus until you have calmed down a little

Wink

I know who I believe, but thats just a matter of personal choice
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 16:11:49 »

Fair enough.

I do think people read too much into things though.
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 16:14:16 »

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x182/djsharpy69/Circus.jpg
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 16:15:09 »

Fair enough.

I do think people read too much into things though.

Maybe your right Ralph

I do try and read between the lines a lot, I suppose its because I have so much practice in doing it with this lot
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #37 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 16:41:07 »

Wink

the Board statment has been put out for people who don't like the politics side of things. In Ralphy's case it has worked.

Notice how they've kept relatively quite about other issues. The Board are ignoring "the minority" and hoping to win over the fans who just focus on the football side of things imo.
sonic youth

« Reply #38 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 16:45:23 »

It is odd why they feel compeled to issue these statements - it is not the norm for a professional outfit, most would ignore it true or not but this lot feel they have to put their own slant on it.

They are just digging themselves into an even deeper hole.

indeed! It seems they're issuing a statement in response to every story that appears in the local media of late. This one was so amusing I actually laughed when I read it at college.

Are the board suggesting that the Adver misquoted Sturrock when he said "if we bring the type of players [...] this club needs to progress we would easily go over budget." which certainly suggests that the budget is either the same or has been reduced.

Perhaps the Adver made up this quote for a laugh "I understand the owners have to watch the pennies but also they have to appreciate we need a competitive side for the first division." which would reinforce the interpretation of a reduced budget.

The "the substantial budgetary framework that has been established for the 2007/2008 campaign." certainly doesn't sound substantial if Sturrock thinks we'll go over budget if we sign the players we need!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 16:59:07 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
It is odd why they feel compeled to issue these statements - it is not the norm for a professional outfit, most would ignore it true or not but this lot feel they have to put their own slant on it.

They are just digging themselves into an even deeper hole.

indeed! It seems they're issuing a statement in response to every story that appears in the local media of late. This one was so amusing I actually laughed when I read it at college.

Are the board suggesting that the Adver misquoted Sturrock when he said "if we bring the type of players [...] this club needs to progress we would easily go over budget." which certainly suggests that the budget is either the same or has been reduced.

Perhaps the Adver made up this quote for a laugh "I understand the owners have to watch the pennies but also they have to appreciate we need a competitive side for the first division." which would reinforce the interpretation of a reduced budget.

The "the substantial budgetary framework that has been established for the 2007/2008 campaign." certainly doesn't sound substantial if Sturrock thinks we'll go over budget if we sign the players we need!

Nah........................Sturrock wants to sign Rooney and Ronaldo
flammableBen

« Reply #40 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 17:01:06 »

I do try and read between the lines a lot, I suppose its because I have so much practice in doing it with this lot

me too fred...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/flammableben/statement.jpg

I need to go to work or I would have spent longer on that.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 17:02:42 »

Fucking genius I tell thee !!!!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 18:12:03 »

Have just heard that the Hankerton and Minety Weekly Newspacket has been offered exclusive media rights at Swindon Town FC to the exclusion of all other registered newspapers.  Only condition is that the Board can do all the journalism and nobody dare write in and complain on their letters pages.  The HMWN are quoted as saying that this is a wonderful offer and will increase their circulation by 200% - they are now requesting the printers to produce 12 copies per week: secondly, they have appointed a new chief sports reporter whom they are confident can get the exclusives they need.  He lives in Highworth and goes by the name of Fatbury.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 18:52:56 »

Remember the old days when a statement was an 'event' - now they're commenting on headlines and insinuations.

I think Bowden's been at the wacky, and the paranoia's just starting to hit him.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, May 26, 2007, 02:01:58 »

Quote from: "Chris BS32"
Which club was it that booted out the reporter so they hired a cherry picker crane to watch the match? That was quality!

I can just imagine an Orange blimp  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

"sponsored by... BBC, & the Evening Adver"

From the Dark Side
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: