Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brunel FM  (Read 30439 times)
Sussex

« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 17:21:37 »

d) I'm shit out of luck because even though I'd pay for it, I can't get STFC World as I've got a Mac.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 17:22:03 »

Quote from: "Leggett"
a) you're shit out of luck if you have a DAB

b) you're shit out of luck if you dont have the net and you're outside the broadcast range

c) you're shit out of luck if you DO have the net, cos they wont be allowed to broadcast iot online due to the deal with SwindonWorld, unless you wanna pay £4 a month.

do i need to continue hertab?

That's actually the same as it was with BBC RS.

The Pieman's put me straight, it's a local problem for local people Cheesy

It's All Good..............
Hexagon

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 17:22:21 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Quote from: "simon pieman"
The coverage of radio wiltshire spills out into further surrounding areas. some people cannot even listen to Brunel in Highworth because the reception is poor

Well it doesn't fuckin' spill out to Somerset!

I can actually get a BBC Radio Swindon signal in Bicester 10 miles north of Oxford.
If it weren't for that i would have missed Brez's opening day double penalty saves.
Clearly it wont be the same with Brunel.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 17:23:09 »

I bet you're the mystery investor in the football club too!

Have you heard about the new radio investment tax Bushey?

Bastards, more tax? Actually I was screwing today, not only do I have to pay 17k for my new women at work, then I have to pay 12.8% on top in national insurnace.  Bloody con

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 17:23:54 »

b) you're shit out of luck if you dont have the net and you're outside the broadcast range

c) you're shit out of luck if you DO have the net, cos they wont be allowed to broadcast iot online due to the deal with SwindonWorld, unless you wanna pay £4 a month.

correct, but at least people outside of a 5 mile radius can actually GET BBC RS!!

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 17:27:58 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"

Bastards, more tax? Actually I was screwing today, not only do I have to pay 17k for my new women at work, then I have to pay 12.8% on top in national insurnace.  Bloody con

Guess you never heard about Employer's NI contributions eh? Bummer.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 17:29:26 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"

you pay £17k to screw a girl at work? some people have too much money... Wink

Sussex

« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 17:32:00 »

you pay £17k to screw a girl at work? some people have too much money... Wink

I dunno, not bad for a whole years worth of screwing!
mattboyslim

« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 17:32:33 »

correct, but at least people outside of a 5 mile radius can actually GET BBC RS!!

Even my Dad in Poole can get a broken signal on BBC RS, it cuts into BBC Bristol too, but he gets the general gist of things.  it's the naivety of the club in signing the deal that annoys people - the well documented out of Towners - especially within Wiltshire have been ignored for a few quid.  People are also naturally sceptical as it's not even gone to GWR who reach most of Wiltshire and are the lesser of teh two commericla evils, but 'the poor mans GWR' who have a tiny audience share and are generally regarded as having a 'gash output'.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 18:18:54 »

Quote from: "Sussex Red"
d) I'm shit out of luck because even though I'd pay for it, I can't get STFC World as I've got a Mac.

Ditto, Sussex. I have one of the old PowerPC iBooks too so even if I wanted to install Windows (which I wouldn't anyway) I can't! New Intel ones can do both but I refuse to pay £900 JUST because of the STFC board ....
Sussex

« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 18:26:46 »

Quote from: "Chris BS32"

Ditto, Sussex. I have one of the old PowerPC iBooks too so even if I wanted to install Windows (which I wouldn't anyway) I can't! New Intel ones can do both but I refuse to pay £900 JUST because of the STFC board ....

Think you can get it if you've got OSX, but my G4 is on OS9 and to upgrade all the software for work I'd be looking at a few grand. No can do!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 18:29:21 »

Quote from: "Chris BS32"

Think you can get it if you've got OSX, but my G4 is on OS9 and to upgrade all the software for work I'd be looking at a few grand. No can do!

Loyal supporters Wink

It's All Good..............
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 18:38:09 »

No, you can't. They have put DRM on the streaming which neither the old Windows Media Player or Flip4Mac can cope with ....
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 18:39:42 »

you could just get a cheap lap top for football purposes...or move Cheesy

/
W56196272
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 18:57:39 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
you could just get a cheap lap top for football purposes...or move Cheesy

Well, if I had £300 quid handy I'd get a season ticket ... as things stand, I never have the cash this time of year ... soapy tit wank ... I've been promising to get one for about the past 10 years now.

Moving. Hmmm. Not sure I wanna commute back to Bristol every day!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: