Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brunel FM  (Read 30396 times)
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 16:56:02 »

Ha ha ha

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 16:56:02 »

Brunel might buy the whole of Swindon  Shocked

They will control the town  Shocked
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 16:57:12 »

To be fair though Bushey what are Brunel going to do - expand their coverage from "five miles around Swindon" to "whole of Wiltshire, plus chunks of Gloucs, Oxon, Somerset etc" by August? Not very likely really is it? If they do have plans to do that, then great - but it should have been in the announcement to allay what is a wholly predictable furore. But then if you don't have those plans, then you can't put it in the announcement can you?

And no, none of that is Brunel's fault - as Rob has said they've seen an opportunity to promote their radio station and taken it. And good luck to them. It's not their job to worry about the club's relationship with it's supporters.
glos_robin

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 16:57:56 »

Surely before announcing this they should have done there homework and known of the key issues and prepared their answers. Responding with 'ooooo ahhhh we don't know at present we'll have to find out' doesn't exactly portray a professional image.

The board are to blame for this but Brunel are going to take some flak as they've became 'partners'. There is no real way around the internet commentary thing as if the BBC couldn't find a way around it some 2-bit local radio station surely won't.......This move is a kick in the teeth for a large % of our fanbase!
lebowski

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 16:58:35 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Si - its the way you all bring up anti board stuff on everything

Ralph - Perhaps they will expand, maybe grow maybe buy other stations.

Cant everyone wait till Brunel actually respond

i think it's fair for fans to expect that upon launch of this new partnership that the infrastructure should have been in place in advance to answer all the queries that will obviously arise.

as far as expansion goes, i think the license they have only entitles them to a certain level of coverage, which would make growth a little bit difficult.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 17:00:00 »

This could just go on and on.......

I just hope Brunel come up with something soon to make everyone happy

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 17:00:54 »

Be fair mate, I haven't exactly had much to say on the subject and I certainly haven't brought up any anti-board stuff regarding this issue. Go back through the threads if you wish.

All I've really said is that if people think that the station or the reporters was gash last year then I think it's a fair enough opinion.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 17:01:11 »

So do i or i'm blaming you Ash.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 17:02:05 »

Quote from: "lebowski"

i think it's fair for fans to expect that upon launch of this new partnership that the infrastructure should have been in place in advance to answer all the queries that will obviously arise.

as far as expansion goes, i think the license they have only entitles them to a certain level of coverage, which would make growth a little bit difficult.

Im not sure on it all but think that with 3 montsh till new season they need time to deal with it.

In a normal business youd expect a infrastructure however this is STFC and the board, right;y or wrongly probably didnt think of it

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 17:02:41 »

But the announcment has been rushed out I suspect as soon as the deal was done - as I suspect Brunel was happy with it as it adds to their publicity, unfortunetly they are getting caught in the cross fire, I suspect they did not envisage this reaction..either stfc or Brunel so it has probably caught them cold.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 17:03:02 »

Si was just replying to your post.

TalkTalk

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 17:04:19 »

I'm going to go round everybody's houses in Swindon and put little stickers over  107.7MHz FM on the dial so nobody can find it.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 17:05:55 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"
I'm going to go round everybody's houses in Swindon and put little stickers over  107.7MHz FM on the dial so nobody can find it.

I think you only need to do it on the houses with BMWs outside  Soapy Tit Wank
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 17:08:21 »

Boom Boom

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 17:09:59 »

I'm confused (Nothing new!)

If you don't live in Swindon, like me, you can go online and listen to away games via SW. If you live in Swindon, you can listen on the radio.

For news and interviews exclusive to Brunel FM, you can listen to the radio in Swindon, or go online if not in Swindon.

What am I missing?

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: