Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Was In Poxford tonight  (Read 3547 times)
Red81

Ignore
« on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 23:47:30 »

I went to see Biffy Clyro at Poxford Brookes. Fantastic gig i have to say. Their albums don't do them justice

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 00:01:54 »

have you ever come across belarus redgewell? matt used to work at royal mail with me - i think their first album is coming out soon, used to go and watch them at the vic and furnace - would be weird to see them in the charts! good luck with your email - hope it turns out well.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 00:02:02 »

My mum works there.
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 00:06:04 »

Quote from: "axs"
have you ever come across belarus redgewell? matt used to work at royal mail with me - i think their first album is coming out soon, used to go and watch them at the vic and furnace - would be weird to see them in the charts! good luck with your email - hope it turns out well.
Cheers axs. I have heard of Belarus. They used to be called Spacehopper I think. Kinda indie rock coldplayish stuff, although I havent seen them in years and years so they might have changed their sound. Hear they are doing well though.

axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 00:17:12 »

yeah, i've got a cd of their spacehopper stuff which was okish and a 7" vinyl of 2 belarus tracks which are really good. they always sounded a bit ameteurish on shitty sound systems in the furnace and the like but the proper recordings sound good.
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 00:25:03 »

yeah, i've got a cd of their spacehopper stuff which was okish and a 7" vinyl of 2 belarus tracks which are really good. they always sounded a bit ameteurish on shitty sound systems in the furnace and the like but the proper recordings sound good.
I'll have to look them up. They're bound to be on myspaz. I think the world and his dog are these days. Myspace... The disease inflicted on the young, whilst the old follow thinking they're still with it

axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 00:29:11 »

indeed:

www.myspace.com/belarusband

never used myspace myself, didn't get into it and now i can't be arsed.
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 00:32:44 »

indeed:

www.myspace.com/belarusband

never used myspace myself, didn't get into it and now i can't be arsed.
Ah nice one. Yeah i advise you not to, unless you want to put music up. It just seems to have been overtaken by spammers and scammers and its getting worse.

axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 00:34:29 »

advice taken. i'll have to download your stuff sometime and have a listen, you got any gigs coming up?
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 00:41:26 »

on a random tangent - anyone know where i can get a decent XLR cable for reasonable money - all the ones on ebay are going for hundreds or are sold from hong-kong.
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 00:41:29 »

advice taken. i'll have to download your stuff sometime and have a listen, you got any gigs coming up?
None planned as of yet. Haven't done a gig since May '06 actually. We just kinda lock ourselves in a room for 6-8 hrs at a time and write and play really fucking loud and occasionally press record and see what comes out. No one hears what we do unless they check our myspaz which is pretty out of date anyhow. No one comes in and no one leaves. It's kinda like the Willy Wonka factory Smiley

axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 00:42:05 »

do you have an oompa-loompa on bass?
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 00:43:43 »

on a random tangent - anyone know where i can get a decent XLR cable for reasonable money - all the ones on ebay are going for hundreds or are sold from hong-kong.
Thats something i think you may just have to shop around for the best buy. If i was still at college i probably could've got you one cheap... but i cant remember where they ordered their equipment from. Sorry

Red81

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 00:44:43 »

do you have an oompa-loompa on bass?
haha i'm afraid not. No bassist whatsoever

axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 00:45:28 »

its for CD-amp rather than a guitar setup - i can't play for shit but i take my listening seriously! i've been looking at Nordost but they still go for silly money second hand and cost the same as my mortgage when new.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: