Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adrianikou and Big mike  (Read 2189 times)
red macca

« on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 08:53:32 »

are they close freinds? or is it a simple work relationship
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 08:56:01 »

Andronikou has been adminstrator/supervisor for a couple of Diamandis' previous companies IIRC.
red macca

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 08:58:00 »

I know that but i was just curious to know if they are also "mates" outside of work
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 09:00:58 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"
Andronikou has been adminstrator/supervisor for a couple of Diamandis' previous companies IIRC.

And has also called Diamandis in to "rescue" other companies he is adminsitrator of - e.g. the Sportsman which Diamandis rescued so thoroughly it closed shortly after.
mattboyslim

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 09:01:24 »

I assume that they have a very close business realtionship and a personal friendship - to cover a mess that big you'd assum you'd want a mate covering your arse.  Whether they were mates first or business associates first is another issue.  Alas this is all assumption, but there must be soe good realtionships for Androniku to have his finger in so many Mike D pies.
red macca

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 09:08:56 »

If they are personal friends is that not against the cva rules and regulations
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 09:11:51 »

No.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 09:12:38 »

I'm not sure if their relationship existed before the CVA at STFC.  Might just be that they "clicked".
mattboyslim

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 09:14:57 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
I'm not sure if their relationship existed before the CVA at STFC.  Might just be that they "clicked".

A bit like one good turn desrves another, only replace 'good turn' with 'dubious business record'
red macca

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 09:15:18 »

In the cva where Androniku has signed does it not say he has no personal relationship with either partys.im just thinking out loud thats all because even if they did it would obviously be impossible to prove
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 09:23:00 »

Quote from: "red macca"
In the cva where Androniku has signed does it not say he has no personal relationship with either partys.im just thinking out loud thats all because even if they did it would obviously be impossible to prove

unless you found one of their poo's on the end of t'other's knob
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 13:10:16 »

From the Swindon Advertiser, first published Monday 20th Aug 2001.

SWINDON Town Football Club may be forced to close within 28 days for failing to honour its debts.

A crunch meeting with creditors, set to go ahead within weeks, will decide the club's fate.

But in a fresh twist, a rival consortium including the Queen's ex-jockey Willie Carson, is waiting in the wings preparing a takeover bid for the club. The four-strong consortium, which describes itself as a "dream ticket", comprises of Mr Carson, alongside James Wills, the son of Town's major shareholder Sir Seton Wills, former chairman Cliff Puffett and Mike Diamandis, a Newbury businessman.

Town chief executive Peter Rowe has hit out at those involved in the consortium, accusing them of undermining the club and of jeopardising its future. With Town's survival hopes resting with a move to a new stadium on the Front Garden, the meeting with creditors could not have come at a worse time.

The creditors' meeting is being triggered by Andrew Andronikou of London chartered accountants Hacker Young.

Mr Andronikou is the official supervisor of the club's Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA), the body charged with monitoring the club's financial position with regard) said the club had not paid its second instalment to the preferential creditors ­ the Inland Revenue and Customs and Excise ­ and therefore was in breach of the CVA.
------------------------------------------------------------

So Mr Andronikou who is supervising the CVA in 2001 orders a creditors meeting to push the dawdling board out so that a consortium including a party has worked with many times before can take power.

Mr Andronikou in 2007 tells fans to leave a dawdling board well alone and stop interferring.

Isnt the guy supposed to be acting in the best interests of the creditors, I am sure this is all above board, but to me it absolutely stinks!
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 13:14:01 »

Quote from: "horlock07"

Isnt the guy supposed to be acting in the best interests of the creditors, I am sure this is all above board, but to me it absolutely stinks!

That's what I don't understand.

Do the creditors know he's acting like this?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 13:16:49 »

He can say he is acting in the interests of creditors. As far as he's concerned the Board have only given him the info on the investor and have probably told him the investor will be reluctant to invest if the fans are dissenting.

If that's not the case the Board have deceived and Andronikou has done nothing wrong
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 13:30:24 »

Andronikou's duty is a bit of a grey area (i'll allow the accountants on here to correct me if I'm wrong...- but under a CVA his duty is to make sure the company makes payments into the CVA as per the terms. Whilst it might seem that the effect of that is for him to have a duty to creditors, it is not as explicit as in other areas of insolvency...

Administrative receivership etc...where the receiver (Andronikou is a supervisor officially) has a duty directly to the creditors irrespective of the wishes of the company - i.e. he can order the sale of any assets.

But in spite of all that...I cn't see why the hell the CVA supervisor, who's sole role is to m,ake sure the CVA is paid on time - first, cannot read the English language and the fact that we do not have a year to pay up and second, feels he has the remit to comment on what fans should and should not do about their club.

In short Mr Andronikou -  Fuck off.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: