Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: brown shocked to be released  (Read 5025 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, May 11, 2007, 07:33:02 »

Quote from: "el duque"
The next time I want someone to kick the ball directly out at a corner, and then swear at anyone daring to criticise him, I'll know who to call...

The A team??

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Rich Pullen

« Reply #31 on: Friday, May 11, 2007, 08:53:28 »

The Ghostbusters??
adje

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, May 11, 2007, 11:37:03 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"
His antics did him no favours - yeah he played a bit - mosty a sub, sounds like Sturrock convinced him it was for his own good.  An on-form Zaboub is twice the player IMHO

That,unfortunately,has not been proved

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #33 on: Friday, May 11, 2007, 11:55:39 »

proved on national telly at Sincil bank i believe...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 09:05:33 »

he can go join his brother at salisbury
alex

« Reply #35 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 16:51:22 »

Looking at what other people have written, i'm likely to get stoned to death for this opinion but... i thought brown was OK and wasn't a bad option in terms of a second half substitute . Although his attitude was questionable at times, he showed flashes of brilliance - i remember a couple of his free kicks - particularly a goal against city last year. I think it was the right decision to release him because he isn't realistcally up to league one standards but this season i'd agree with sturrock in that hes been a decent professional. Coming back after asking for a transfer request took some guts and although he was obviously an arse for thinking he was too good for us at the start of the season, he came back and made ammends - playing his part as a "squad" player in gaining us promotion. I personally wish him the best of luck with finding a new club as I think he did a decent job for us Beers
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 16:58:25 »

Brown has talent, which as Glostered pointed out to me makes it all the more frustrating that he didn't make the most of it. I think macari said something similar of Leon Knight.

I honestly think one day both will wake up and realise the chance they wasted.
Spencer_White

« Reply #37 on: Saturday, May 19, 2007, 16:19:38 »

Id agree about the flashes of brilliance Alex. But the two you mentioned occured when he was possibly about to be booted out of the club. Which begs the question why he went missing in 4 out of 5 games in which he played.

And as for wishing him all the best, no love lost from Barnet. He's the sort of wannabe bling bling player that has percolated down from the top flight, who isnt anywhere near as good as he thinks he is. Low on effort because he thinks he's made it, but mediocre on talent. Cant take criticism. Secretly regards the fans of lower league clubs as loosers and doesnt care for their opinion. Is more interested in owning a BMW X5 and buying cases of champagne in nightclubs than winning things for Swindon. Syptomatic of the new (post Beckham generation) of players that most proper fans have zero affiliation with. We dont need that sort of rubbish, there are plenty of players around.
Red Chris

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, May 20, 2007, 13:57:15 »

Brown is a CUNT.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, May 20, 2007, 13:57:34 »

Quote from: "alex"
Looking at what other people have written, i'm likely to get stoned to death for this opinion but... i thought brown was OK and wasn't a bad option in terms of a second half substitute . Although his attitude was questionable at times, he showed flashes of brilliance - i remember a couple of his free kicks - particularly a goal against city last year. I think it was the right decision to release him because he isn't realistcally up to league one standards but this season i'd agree with sturrock in that hes been a decent professional. Coming back after asking for a transfer request took some guts and although he was obviously an arse for thinking he was too good for us at the start of the season, he came back and made ammends - playing his part as a "squad" player in gaining us promotion. I personally wish him the best of luck with finding a new club as I think he did a decent job for us Beers

He was going places until the misfortune of a broken leg, no doubt that the talent is there.  It appears that he isn't the same physically after serious injury after doing his best with QPR and Swindon.  Understandably, he wanted less physical football, he just didn't explain it very well.  He did well for Iffy in Div. I.  Time to get some coaching badges, work on another career and play for fun.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: