Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Fan's Disease  (Read 3406 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2007, 18:30:34 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Can I just say we're fucked....the swifts which fly around my house in high summer and nest in the eaves opposite have just arrived.  Normally the date of arrival is May 3rd or a bit later due to weather conditions.  This is the earliest I've known.......what to do with Sat I hear you ask?   Well Walsall used to be known as Walsall Town Swifts, for some incomprehensible reason they dropped the last bit......but still retain just about my favourite bird in their badge.

http://www.chester-city.co.uk/badges/walsall_badge.gif

That is the strongest omen yet Sir Reg

We're doomed I tell ye.......................we're doomed !
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2007, 18:34:48 »

Yes

Well at least we can get back to the important stuff of the cricket season and getting rid of the Board.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2007, 18:36:19 »

I think we are perfectly capable of the result.

Looking at it from a "last time..." point of view...The last time the CG was full we drew with a promotion chasing side through a superb 18-yard overhead kick.....

Which is totally irrrelevant  Cheesy

Let's get behind the lads on Saturday and hide our pessimism!!! One point against Walsall is perfectly achievable but our support will make it more likely!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2007, 18:36:24 »

I just saw a Robin score a wonder goal against a Swift. Nice bit of skill too.
Barry Scott

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2007, 18:36:51 »

When I'm not acting angry, I'm actually very positive. The other night, before BR, i dreamt about the end of the season and those 2 bastard games. I dreamt we lost them both 1-0 and the Dongs get promoted. I was then smashing things up and in an uncontrollable state of rage.

I'm not very confident at the moment, purely because of the dream. Deep down i know we have the goods in the locker and we'll be fine, but there is a small amount of doubt, which makes me feel like i'll be a very upset and smashing my house up post match.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2007, 18:41:35 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
I think we are perfectly capable of the result.

Looking at it from a "last time..." point of view...The last time the CG was full we drew with a promotion chasing side through a superb 18-yard overhead kick.....

Which is totally irrrelevant  Cheesy

Let's get behind the lads on Saturday and hide our pessimism!!! One point against Walsall is perfectly achievable but our support will make it more likely!

Au contraire mon ami.....last time we played to a full house in a clutch match, we mullered the opposition out of sight kept hitting wood and conceded to a huge deflection from just about their only shot.

Prior to this, on investigating Shaw Tip, as a site fro a new stadium, I was crapped on by several sea gulls.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2007, 18:45:13 »

Without getting too maudlin, I said at Xmas that I would forsake another spell here if it meant the consortium being in for the start of next season then pissing the league and going up as Champnio's.

My old lag of a Dad has been coming since '58 and been a season ticket holder from the days of Dougie Woodman running the sports shop (which is now the football in the community office) and he agrees with me totally
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2007, 18:53:07 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Without getting too maudlin, I said at Xmas that I would forsake another spell here if it meant the consortium being in for the start of next season then pissing the league and going up as Champnio's.

My old lag of a Dad has been coming since '58 and been a season ticket holder from the days of Dougie Woodman running the sports shop (which is now the football in the community office) and he agrees with me totally

Similar thoughts to my own....it will hurt for a while, possibly 10 minutes.  The only other occasion I can recall fucking up a promo, was 78/79, but not really the same as we were playing catch up....left with 3 away games in hand should we have won them all we'd have gone up. Won the first at Brentford then lost at Shef Wed which for some reason was played on a Friday night.....so that was that.  In typical STFC style, it was 2 points for a win then had it ben 3 which was introduced a couple of seasons later we'd have gone up.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2007, 19:06:20 »

Although my first game was the 74/75 season I can't really remember a lot of the games prior to standing in the South Stand and watching Kenny Stroud scoring the most memorable goal ever against Everton in the FA Cup.

Up until that time I was just spending an afternoon with my Old Man.

Thats the point when I became a fan
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2007, 21:44:54 »

i'm looking forward to saturday and i'm going to be positive simply for the fact that it could either be a brilliant day or a shit one and i want to give it every chance of being a brillliant one.

i would love for us to get the result we need so that we have earned promotion on the day off our own backs and not because of what dons have done.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2007, 21:52:30 »

If we were in Walsall's position (already up) I'm not sure whether I could give a flying fuck about being 4th division champions - it's the promotion that matters.  So if we get stuck in first half like Mansfield but shove a couple in with the crowd well behind the lads, I don't think Walsall will be that bothered - I bet they dont want franchise promoted.  If we wimp it and play like the 2nd half against Mansfield they'll be at our throats...over to you lads
Rich Pullen

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2007, 21:58:02 »

Quote from: "redbullzeye"
If we were in Walsall's position (already up) I'm not sure whether I could give a flying fuck about being 4th division champions - it's the promotion that matters.

It's true to an extent - You would hope that the fact that they're up regardless may give us an extra edge - You'd bloody hope so, wouldn't you!

We can speculate all we want - but until 5pm on Saturday anything could happen!
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2007, 22:02:56 »

[quote="RichPullen
It's true to an extent - You would hope that the fact that they're up regardless may give us an extra edge - You'd bloody hope so, wouldn't you!

We can speculate all we want - but until 5pm on Saturday anything could happen![/quote]
I'm trying to talk myself out of being negative Rich!  But if Hartlepool were 3 up against Rovers then surely the Wallsall players would start thinking of their summer hols!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2007, 22:12:07 »

Quote from: "redbullzeye"
I'm trying to talk myself out of being negative Rich!  But if Hartlepool were 3 up against Rovers then surely the Wallsall players would start thinking of their summer hols!

If Walsall win 1-0 they'll be champions though - so they have plenty to play for.

Since the debacle at Rovers - I'm more nervous than anything, I was convinced that we'd mucked this up - but now, I just want Saturday to arrive so we can get it over and done with, whatever the result.

In conclusion, like everyone else I just desperately want promotion - preferably not through Wembley!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2007, 22:29:42 »

I'm just planning on having an ace bank holiday weekend no matter what and I'll let it all sink in after when I've sobered up.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: